Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
- - Mollie Disease - Trying Here (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/mollie-disease-trying-here-22743/)
Mollie Disease - Trying Here
Hey Everyone, I posted this in the forum below, but for some reason it gives me a broken link when I try to click on it...so I'll try it here. I do not know if anyone replied in the other forum because my internet is being awesome again! :)
Over the last week or so, I have noticed one of my silver sailfin mollies has developed black spots on the top of it's fins and a few spots around his face and tail. Last night and today, I noticed that my other fish in the tank have been lethargic(spelling?). They have been sitting in the corners, swimming in place. uh oh.....
So I went into my LFS and asked them about what is what and how to fix it. I also mentioned about the other fish. They told me that it could be a parasite, and that it i starting to effect my other fish.
They reccomened a treatment bottle called "aquari sol" which I'm suppose to use daily until the fish looks healthier. I also turned the temp of my tank up to 86 degrees as told.
I have three questions:
1) Does the treatment I was told sound right? Is there anything I should be doing differently?
2) What is the success rate? I'm sure it varies depending on how advanced it is, but in general, are my fish doomed?
3) I planned on using the filter on my 20G to set-up my 55G in a week or so....does this disease ruin that plan? or will I be ok?
Here are my specs:
20G Long tank:
2 Silver sailfin mollies
6 cory catfish
4 black skirt tetras
3 red eye tetras
I did a parameter reading before I began treatment, which reads as follows:
Nitrites - 0
Ammonia - 0
PH - 7.0
Nitrates - 20ppm
Sorry for such a long post, I just wanted to give as much information as I could seeing as this was the firs time I've dealt with a disease.
If you need any more information ,just ask!! Thanks for all your help!!!!!
Hey Johnny, your mollie sounds like it has black spot............My fish never had it, so cant really comment on what the best course of action would be, but check out this site and see if the symptoms fit the fishes appearance....www.fish-disease.net.........You can probably google more info if thats what is happening with your mollie........Good Luck
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.