Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Saltwater Aquarium Equipment (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-aquarium-equipment/)
- - Starter Tank Question (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-aquarium-equipment/starter-tank-question-2271/)
Starter Tank Question
Okay, I have been to several pet stores in my neighborhood and have asked the same questions and I get different answers to the questions. can you guys help on this:
First off, let me explain my setup:
75 Seaclear Wet Dry
13 Watt UV
Seaclone 100 Protien Skimmer
Temp 78 Degree
The tank has been up for about three weeks. I have two blue devil damels currently in the tank.
1) The use of a UV during the tank cycle: Good or Bad? Why? ( I have it setup on the water flow returning to the tank)
2) Same question with the protien skimmer?
3) In a fish only tank, I was advised to set the salinity lower than 1.022. Currently, running at 1.019 due prevent diseases.
Sorry for the long post, but I am trying to be patience and not add fish until I am sure that the tank is right. Thanks
well im not a pro but when I started my tank I had my lights on a time ther same way I us them now.
Protein skimmer Yes i also had that going
I also kept my salinity at 1.019 with my fish only. I changed it to coral and fish and I now keep it at 1.023 buy you are right i never had a problem with my fish with the lower salinity.
Hope I helped.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.