Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Has anyone ever asked you.... (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/has-anyone-ever-asked-you-22440/)

fishyinpa 03-24-2009 08:58 PM

Has anyone ever asked you....

Why you got into fish ??

My folks did ask me that lol. But they are fine with it. In fact I got my mom to fall in love with my bettas,that she wanted her own! Of course she wont do the wc haha. Ah well. We had fish many many years ago. I forget what we had. I think goldfish and some others. I was little,so I dunno anymore. After I saw my sister's betta, a gorgeous red vt, I kept saying to myself i wanted one lol. Was maybe a year later that i finally got one,for christmas yay! I was bad and didnt do my research beforehand ( i know i know haha) but I did make up for it! I joined here and learned so much. Now all my fishies are well taken care of.

My bf on the other hand,doesnt understand my love for fishies. But then again,he doesnt understand my love for any of my other animals either lol. He was fine with when i just had 2 cats,a bunny and a hamster....then my zoo slowly grew...to what i have now haha...so he is kinda um jealous of all my furry and finned babies....he said at least you can play with your furry ones. Hes like what the heck can you do with a fish? Um sit there and watch em haha! He just dont get it...

oh and i said bettas are like pringles,just cant have one!! :)

so yeah. thats my random thought for the day.

onefish2fish 03-24-2009 09:54 PM

never got into bettas, but ive had fish before i could talk. actually, my father did so i was around them. a fish of my own came when i was about 5 which i won from a community fair. it was a goldfish that lived forever. infact i think he finally died of old age. he was over a foot long, pretty cool.

anyways, thanks for sharing.

fishyinpa 03-24-2009 09:56 PM

haha np.

dramaqueen 03-24-2009 10:54 PM

I got interested in bettas when a couple of my neighbors got them. I fish sat for one of them and completely fell in love with them. Then the neighbor I fish sat for decided she didn't want Buddy anymore and she refused to take care of him properly anyway after I tried to educate her on how to take care of her fish. He lived for 3 and a half years, even though he was in a half gallon vase. That was before I really knew any better.I knew how to take care of them, I just didn't know much about proper housing. Then I found this site and learned all kinds of stuff. I enjoy reading about other fish, too. And I've seen pics of some really beautiful tanks! We had a tank when I was about 10 years old but my dad took care of it. I wasn't interested back then. That's my fish story. lol

fishyinpa 03-24-2009 11:33 PM

Lol sounds good. Thanks for sharing!

Cody 03-25-2009 12:36 AM

I honestly have no idea how I got into fishkeeping, nonetheless reefing or "herp-ing (?)." :-)

I wonder what is going to happen when I get my own house...

fishyinpa 03-25-2009 11:21 AM

hmmm....yes indeed! I already told my folks if we get a bigger house,we gonna be in trouble! I really want a big tank and lots of fishies...I dunno how big...but nice size I guess...Plus I want a bigger tank for my gerbils lol!

dramaqueen 03-25-2009 11:46 AM

Cody, you'll probably have a tank in every room. lol
Fishyinpa, you'll have to have 2 extra rooms, one for your furry pets and one made into a fishroom. lol

1077 03-26-2009 04:54 AM

My Sainted Mother,, was just ecstatic that I got into fish keeping as opposed to getting in trouble ,which during my informative years,, was all too frequently.:oops: