Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   quick question on API freshwater test kit (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/quick-question-api-freshwater-test-kit-22418/)

yippee 03-24-2009 12:33 AM

quick question on API freshwater test kit
 
Just curious how dangerous the kit is if it comes in contact with your skin/eyes/mouth. I know a good majority of the bottles clearly state they are harmful. What would they do if they made contact? Would you know it instantly or would it be something that you will only notice later on?

Every time i use my master kit i look at the bottles as i use them and get extremely paranoid i'll get it on my skin or indirectly get some in my mouth or something :oops:

Thanks

Cody 03-24-2009 12:55 AM

I get this stuff all over my hands all the time (being a teenage boy). Just wash your hands with soap afterwards, like you would after you touch anything fish-wise.

As to eyes/mouth, I don't know. If you said they are toxic, then I would think flush them out and/or call poison control if ingested.

lowco1 03-24-2009 01:23 AM

It is ok if it gets onto your skin just wash the skin that it does touch but do not ingest it or get it into your eyes. Anything that says it is an irratant you do not want to get into your eyes or mouth since those areas are much more sensitive.

yippee 03-24-2009 01:25 AM

thats good to hear. Just some of the warning labels on the bottles really freaked me out. I'm always still paranoid it won't all come off when washed afterwards then will make its way to my mouth next time i eat or something haha

lowco1 03-24-2009 03:21 AM

as long as you use soap it will come off so you will be fine.

1077 03-24-2009 04:13 AM

If you don't wash it off immediately,, Large blisters and sores will appear in a matter of days,making you quite unnattractive to members of the opposite sex. Even your fish will turn and face the back glass in disgust with your hideousness. You hair will begin falling out in clumps and your fingernails will rot off. :shock::shock:

flight50 03-24-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1077 (Post 181935)
If you don't wash it off immediately,, Large blisters and sores will appear in a matter of days,making you quite unnattractive to members of the opposite sex. Even your fish will turn and face the back glass in disgust with your hideousness. You hair will begin falling out in clumps and your fingernails will rot off. :shock::shock:

lol. dang i guess i should stop ingesting this stuff. naw your okay if you wash afterwards. i have gotten to the point where i don't use the cap for the gh and the kh. the bottle say not to do this but its annoying to place and remove that cap for every drop you have to add. you finger will be slightly dyied but it comes off when you wash.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2