Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   DIY Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/diy-aquarium/)
-   -   Need help with a fish safe paint!!!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/diy-aquarium/need-help-fish-safe-paint-223209/)

Bigdawg355 07-09-2013 06:58 PM

Need help with a fish safe paint!!!!
 
I've decided to make some DIY caves and 3D background for my 55 gal tank but I cannot seem to find any kind of fish safe paint that's not outrageous in price. Can anyone please help I'm clueless now
Posted via Mobile Device

jaysee 07-09-2013 07:41 PM

I believe krylon fusion is aquarium safe.

Bigdawg355 07-09-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysee (Post 2509737)
I believe krylon fusion is aquarium safe.

I keep seeing people say that but they haven't tried it so I'm kinda Leary about it , you know
Posted via Mobile Device

jaysee 07-09-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdawg355 (Post 2510345)
I keep seeing people say that but they haven't tried it so I'm kinda Leary about it , you know
Posted via Mobile Device

The people I have heard it from say they've used it themselves. I am going to be painting my XP intake parts. Maybe tomorrow :-)

Bigdawg355 07-09-2013 10:52 PM

Cool I made a cave today out of that great stuff expanding foam, also made some stalagmite type formations to cover tubes and wires
Posted via Mobile Device

Bigdawg355 07-10-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysee (Post 2510377)
The people I have heard it from say they've used it themselves. I am going to be painting my XP intake parts. Maybe tomorrow :-)

Should I let it sit awhile before installing in the tank?
Posted via Mobile Device

jaysee 07-10-2013 05:52 PM

I would. It says it dries in 15 minutes. I would probably wait an hour or two.

I just picked up a can today.

Bigdawg355 07-10-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysee (Post 2516242)
I would. It says it dries in 15 minutes. I would probably wait an hour or two.

I just picked up a can today.

I was thinking like a week lol just to make sure everything was fully cured
Posted via Mobile Device

jaysee 07-10-2013 06:25 PM

Well if you have the time to wait, it can't hurt to wait longer :-) at least I don't think it can...

Bigdawg355 07-10-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysee (Post 2516674)
Well if you have the time to wait, it can't hurt to wait longer :-) at least I don't think it can...

I got time lol just don't wanna wait lol but don't wanna hurt them either
Posted via Mobile Device


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2