Snail in Tank
I just bought some new fish from a pet store and in the bag, there was a shell, i thought it was just a decoration.
But then, my brother spotted a snail. I think it is the Malaysian Live Bearing Snail...b/c it looks like it.
I don't see any others right now, but do you think it's a good idea to remove it as soon as possible? None of us have a lot of time to take care of the tank so we only do water changes + checmicalls and that's about it.
We have an automatic feeder and it feeds twice a day but i don't think it's excessive for my fish (i have 5 newly bought chinese algae eaters, 5 newly bought tiger barbs and 1 surviving clown loach)..
If you don't want it or a lot, then remove it. What is 30 seconds out of your life to remove it?
hen just ake the snail out and destroy it. Don't flush it. What kind of chemicals co you use in your tank? Why do you have 5 chinese algae eaters? they will eventually eat the slime coat off your fish.
i asked the pet store guy and he said they're okay for now...i'll put them in another tank when they grow bigger (i have another one already running but i just don't use it b/c a lot of the fish inside died off)
and..chemicals..i use the stuff from big als...
Aquarium Water Treatment, Big Al's Online
biosupporrt, bio clean and water conditioner.
i just got a snail for my tank because theyre generally algae eaters and bottom feeders so they help keep your tank clean. what could it hurt!
It's unlikely the snail will do anything to directly affect your fish's health. Also, a Malaysian trumpet snail isn't the worst thing in the world to have in your tank. They're excellent bottom feeders. Of course that doesn't really matter all that much if you just don't want him in there. Just yank him out and be done with it, don't just flush him though. Crush him and toss what's left in the trash.
The chemicals you are using are unnecessary. The only realistic use of a bacteria supplement would be during the seeding of your biofilter. Once your tank was cycled it's colony of bacteria will be capable of handling the fish's waste. The cleaning supplement, I've never found any problem dealing with cleaning my own tank. Vacuum up what you can, wipe the glass clean, call it a day. The product even claims it can cause an ammonia spike. I wouldn't use it. All you really need is a good water conditioner that neutralizes chlorine, chloramine, and heavy metals. Bonus points for also detoxifying ammonia and nitrites. I sound like a shill for them at this point but Prime has worked well for me.
Keep it. Your loach will enjoy the snack.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.