Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
-   -   Please help me out with my betta (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/please-help-me-out-my-betta-217458/)

Bluydgrl 07-01-2013 07:17 AM

Please help me out with my betta

I have a Crowntail Beta named Moby.Last week I noticed him swimming and floating on his side.When he tries to swim toward the bottom he just floats straight back up.He holds himself up under a plant but mostly just floats on top.
I put him in his own tank now which is a 3 gallon.Was in a 6 gallon Spec with a filter and heater.I was told it sounds like swimmers Bladder so I turned up his heater to 79.Fast him for 3 days.Put 1 teaspoon of salt in his tank then after the 3rd day I did the thawed de shelled pea thing.He wont eat it at all.The water all reads real good. I use the api liquid test kit..I used tap and half of my cycled 36 gallon water in it also.
I have 2 Tom filters to make sure its getting enough water circulation and staying cleaned.I clean his water 30% every other day.
I don't know what else to do.I love this little guy and don't want him to suffer.Please let me know what else I need to do?
Thank you

Dveha 08-22-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluydgrl (Post 2446226)
I have a Crowntail Beta named Moby.Last week I noticed him swimming and floating on his side.When he tries to swim toward the bottom he just floats straight back up.He holds himself up under a plant but mostly just floats on top.
I put him in his own tank now which is a 3 gallon.Was in a 6 gallon Spec with a filter and heater.I was told it sounds like swimmers Bladder so I turned up his heater to 79.Fast him for 3 days.Put 1 teaspoon of salt in his tank then after the 3rd day I did the thawed de shelled pea thing.He wont eat it at all.The water all reads real good. I use the api liquid test kit..I used tap and half of my cycled 36 gallon water in it also.
I have 2 Tom filters to make sure its getting enough water circulation and staying cleaned.I clean his water 30% every other day.
I don't know what else to do.I love this little guy and don't want him to suffer.Please let me know what else I need to do?
Thank you

Try an air stone. It could be your water isn't oxygenated enough.

newtchaplin 08-27-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluydgrl (Post 2446226)
Thank you

Sounds like a swim bladder issue.