Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Cichlids (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/)
- - Rams and invertebrates (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/rams-invertebrates-21454/)
Rams and invertebrates
Can ram cichlids be kept with red cherry shrimp and nerite snails? I want to introduce one into my tank in the future. Also, which is better: German Blue Rams or Bolivian Rams?
My points here for not suggesting the rams with shrimps and snails.
1. Shrimps that fall under an inch and below in size category are easily attacked unless your tank is heavily planted. Rams like soft acidic water so crystal red shrimps are much better than the cherries.
2. Shrimps molt so there are larger ones that will also end up attacked. Bamboo shrimps are just about the only thing that are immune to attacks due to their large size and these do not venture beyond the filter where they feed on particles.
1. Snails need calcium therefore any calcium dosing can influence the pH and KH which can prove detrimental to the health of the rams. You'll be better off with Bolivian rams in this case.
2. Blue rams are likely to pick on the snails constantly killing them in the process.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.