Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Saltwater Aquarium Equipment (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-aquarium-equipment/)
-   -   Help me to choose a pump for Tunze DOC 9010? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-aquarium-equipment/help-me-choose-pump-tunze-doc-21397/)

Aquamarine 02-18-2009 01:20 PM

Help me to choose a pump for Tunze DOC 9010?

Hi all,

I've just bought a Tunze DOC 9010 Protein Skimmer (for a 140G marine tank) so I'd like to know which pump should I use with it? Price is not an issue. I want the best. :-P Do you think this skimmer will handle my tank nicely? I'm planning to have 2 Tangs, one Trigger, a Percula Clown and maybe a Morey Eel. It's a FOWLR tank that is still empty.

Thanks in advance.
Fabrizio

onefish2fish 02-18-2009 02:42 PM

aquamiarine i have responded to 3 other posts of the same topic.for the future, 1 post should do the trick. :wink:

i strongly advise not to house 2 yellow tangs. 1 will become more dominate over the other. when dealing with tangs of similiar body shape/coloration either keep 1 or 3.

if price isnt an issue why not get vortechs? many different controls but i have heard the can be noisey if not lined up on the glass perfectly.
tunzes are also good pumps but hydor Ks would just as good. i think 2 hydor K4s will be fine for this setup. your going to want as little dead spots as possible.

how much live rock are you planning?

Aquamarine 02-18-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onefish2fish (Post 172971)
aquamiarine i have responded to 3 other posts of the same topic.for the future, 1 post should do the trick. :wink:

i strongly advise not to house 2 yellow tangs. 1 will become more dominate over the other. when dealing with tangs of similiar body shape/coloration either keep 1 or 3.

if price isnt an issue why not get vortechs? many different controls but i have heard the can be noisey if not lined up on the glass perfectly.
tunzes are also good pumps but hydor Ks would just as good. i think 2 hydor K4s will be fine for this setup. your going to want as little dead spots as possible.

how much live rock are you planning?

Thanks for answering!

Yeah, I think will get 02 Koralias, or maybe 3 if it's necessary. But that's only for the circulation in the display, right? What about the skimmer? I need a pump for it... Is the Vortech also a pump for skimmers/sump? The sump return pump will be a Quiet One.

No, I not put more than one yellow tang, he'll be alone. But there will be more tangs, is that ok? A blue tang + yellow tang + coral beauty + niger trigger + picasso trigger + raccoon butterfly + snowflake eel. I gave up on the clowns from now on...

I plan to get as much live rock I can as long as it doens't clog up the display... I understand these especies need a lot of space to swim...

Thanks. :-P

Kellsindell 02-18-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onefish2fish (Post 172971)

if price isnt an issue why not get vortechs? ?

The Tunze is a skimmer not a pump. He needs something for the skimmer.

Aquamarine 02-19-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellsindell (Post 172996)
The Tunze is a skimmer not a pump. He needs something for the skimmer.

Do you have any pump recommendation for my skimmer?

Thanks in advance.