Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Tank Divider for 10 gallon tank? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/tank-divider-10-gallon-tank-21315/)

Sj45 02-15-2009 09:35 PM

Tank Divider for 10 gallon tank?
 
Was looking at some fish at my pet store and sure enough there's the bettas in their little cups full of debris, so I was thinking I would rescue a couple but first I'm going to need a divider for a 10 gallon tank, where can I get one?

FordMan 02-15-2009 09:38 PM

local hardware store have them cut you peice of 10inch by 12 peice of plexi glass then you get to watch them make threatening faces at each other... you can keep it in place by a couple dabs of pure silicon and drill holes in it to allowwater flow and filtration

Sj45 02-15-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordMan (Post 172044)
local hardware store have them cut you peice of 10inch by 12 peice of plexi glass then you get to watch them make threatening faces at each other... you can keep it in place by a couple dabs of pure silicon and drill holes in it to allow water flow and filtration

wow, didn't think of that - that should be easy enough, I have silicon.

thanks alot :)

FordMan 02-15-2009 10:12 PM

ha yeah i avoid pricey fish store solutions at all cost

Sj45 02-15-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordMan (Post 172056)
ha yeah i avoid pricey fish store solutions at all cost

heheh, yup.

Tyyrlym 02-16-2009 07:56 AM

Another thing that works well is the plastic meshes they sell at craft stores. It's cheap, has holes in it already, and its easy to cut.

veganchick 02-16-2009 12:39 PM

Yep, tyylym's idea is really good! I can't really help too much cuz I've never had a divided tank, but if you want advice on bettas, thats somethin I can help with!

Sj45 02-16-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyyrlym (Post 172180)
Another thing that works well is the plastic meshes they sell at craft stores. It's cheap, has holes in it already, and its easy to cut.

I don't think that stuff is clear though, is it?

dramaqueen 02-16-2009 05:09 PM

There is a thread in the DIY section of the forum that tells how to make one with plastic canvas. The fish may be able to see each other through the holes. IDK

Tyyrlym 02-17-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sj45 (Post 172279)
I don't think that stuff is clear though, is it?

Why would it need to be clear?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2