Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Catfish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/catfish/)
-   -   Babies ! Albino Bristlenose Plecos (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/catfish/babies-albino-bristlenose-plecos-21157/)

cMc 02-10-2009 12:27 PM

Babies ! Albino Bristlenose Plecos

We have babies! Papa is a longfin but I don't think momma is. She may not even be a bristlenose. Maybe someone here can identify her type? These videos aren't the best quality and are rather long, but if you're into watching babies, they may interest you. :-D

Mama & Papa - YouTube - Albino Bristlenose Pleco Family (Part 1)
Eating their way out of eggs sacs - YouTube - Albino Bristlenose Pleco Family (Part 2)
Baby winks but Papa is MAD - YouTube - Albino Bristlenose Pleco Family (Part 3)
Out of the cave - Poop Machines! - YouTube - Albino Bristlenose Pleco Family (Part 4)

I'll have better video later without that ugly blue light. Question is...what am I going to do with all of them?????

fishyinpa 02-10-2009 12:32 PM

Lol great videos. Cool looking plecos too. Hmm i dunno. How many babies are there? Lol.

cMc 02-10-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishyinpa (Post 170340)
Lol great videos. Cool looking plecos too. Hmm i dunno. How many babies are there? Lol.

There are about twenty. It's hard to count them. Every time I think I've got a tally, I spot another one somewhere.

Could you tell what type of Pleco the mother is? I don't think she is a bristlenose unless females don't have bristles....
:roll:

<------------------- pic of angry papa. He didn't like me filming his babies....

dramaqueen 02-10-2009 12:48 PM

Cool videos!

fishyinpa 02-10-2009 01:00 PM

Awww papa mad....yous in trouble lol! Wow 20...hmm...got a buttload of tanks lol? How big is papa? Um...i dunno what kinda pleco mama is...sorry...i just cories recently thats about all i know of catfish/suckermouth fish. :)

cMc 02-10-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishyinpa (Post 170344)
Awww papa mad....yous in trouble lol! Wow 20...hmm...got a buttload of tanks lol? How big is papa? Um...i dunno what kinda pleco mama is...sorry...i just cories recently thats about all i know of catfish/suckermouth fish. :)

He's a character but the momma is personality + -- I only have the one tank.. Don't know what I'm gonna do with all of them! If they would get along I'd keep them all, but I hear the males are territorial.

Don't know what size the male is ..do you measure from nose to where the tail starts or all the way to the end of the tail? Without the tail he is about 4 inches.

cMc 02-10-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dramaqueen (Post 170343)
Cool videos!

Thanks! I plan to make more as they grow. Boring to many I know (my husband in particular), but this is all new to me... :-D

fishyinpa 02-10-2009 01:18 PM

I think nose to tail you measure...sounds like a big fishy! How big is your tank? I think you can sell them to fish stores...but i dunno...maybe see if there is an aquarium or fish club in your area....i know theres a bunch around here...just a thought lol.

FishGirl 02-10-2009 02:51 PM

Female BNs don't generally have bristles like the males. It looks like you've got a female.

cMc 02-10-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishyinpa (Post 170349)
I think nose to tail you measure...sounds like a big fishy! How big is your tank? I think you can sell them to fish stores...but i dunno...maybe see if there is an aquarium or fish club in your area....i know theres a bunch around here...just a thought lol.

Well, nose to tail I'd guess he's about 6-7 inches. I've got a 46 gallon but it's a bowfront, so there is less bottom area than a rectangle. I guess Petco or PetSmart might buy them, but I hate the thought of that. Never thought of looking up a fish club - thank you for suggestion!!! At least I'll know they won't go to some kid with his/her first aquarium and die. :evil: