Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Fish Breeding (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/fish-breeding/)
-   -   my jellybean convict has got black on her belly please help (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/fish-breeding/my-jellybean-convict-has-got-black-21054/)

chrisandmarie 02-06-2009 12:10 PM

my jellybean convict has got black on her belly please help

2 Attachment(s)
hi im realy worried about my female .shes started to go orange which she did last time she was ready to lay but ive never seen this black on her belly before. its inside her .the male has started to dig under the ship but what is it :cry: the first pic is of her ,the second is the black

chrisandmarie 02-06-2009 12:11 PM

[quote=chrisandmarie;169277]hi im realy worried about my female .shes started to go orange which she did last time she was ready to lay but ive never seen this black on her belly before. its inside her .the male has started to dig under the ship but what is it :cry: the first pic is of her ,the second is the black. or could it just be becouse of the light

Neah84 02-06-2009 02:18 PM

to me it really just looks like you can see the eggs inside of her. almost as if shes carrying alot :)

Not 100% sure on it. Does it look any better since the last time you saw her?

*edit for spelling*

chrisandmarie 02-06-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neah84 (Post 169296)
to me it really just looks like you can see the eggs inside of her. almost as if shes carrying alot :)

Not 100% sure on it. Does it look any better since the last time you saw her?

*edit for spelling*

just the same realy ill keep an eye on her .shes started to go orange like she did befor but never saw the black but she got a tube but no eggs :( .but she s going orange again and the male is digging so just waiting for the tube now ;-)

chrisandmarie 02-14-2009 08:22 AM

ok realy do need help weres the eggs

3 Attachment(s)
my jellybeans well the female is in the ship and the male went for me twice when somthing dropped in the tank i had a look in the ship but cant see any eggs the female seems to spend most her time there and the male has got all the sand from under the plant pot im worried they have eaten them but the female is still hiding in the ship and the male only goes in a few times a day and spends most his time outside . why cant i see the eggs please help:cry:

HookLineandSinker 02-23-2009 10:51 AM

I have convicts which breed like crazy and I NEVER saw the eggs once. I knew they had bred because she never came out of the boat to eat and he was always outside chasing everything else away. I looked and never could find eggs and never saw anything until I woke up one morning and BAM! there were like 200 fry swimming all over the place. I say just give it some time. The fact that she is still in there leads me to beleive that there are fry on the way!

cerianthus 02-23-2009 12:27 PM

I think so too. There will come a time when you will say no more frys! LOL