Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Catfish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/catfish/)
-   -   Im getting my pandas! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/catfish/im-getting-my-pandas-20954/)

fishyinpa 02-02-2009 06:23 PM

Im getting my pandas!

Hello again. Well i went back to the lfs down the street. This time i did something silly and asked someone bout the fish i want. He said ask the manager and he can probably order them for you. So I did and he can. He will get them in on friday. Woot! Lol. Silly me didnt think of asking anyone. Nah i just drove around all over town looking for them. Its okay you can say im a dummy haha. I feel like a dummy for not doing that in the first place. Oh and they took back my heaters ( i took the 100 in too got store credit for it) and got a 75. Which i think will work better because its longer than the 50. Should heat the whole tank now lol. The guy there even thought it was wierd it wasnt heating up right. So I dunno. Should be all good now. My QT tank has been up and running for a few days now,all i gotta do is find some sand. Ill check out the home improvement stores tomorrow or weds,thurs,fri lol. I have alot of off time now,work got cut back. Sigh. So yeah. Im excited that i can get my pandas now! I asked bout the dwarfs and pygmys he said for some reason they are hard to get but the pandas are really popular so that should be no problem. Yay! So just wanted to update yas.

dramaqueen 02-02-2009 06:44 PM

New pandas!! :) YAY!

fishyinpa 02-02-2009 06:58 PM

Lol oh and i borrowed a really cool fish book from the library. Its just like mostly pictures,but it has just bout every freshwater fish you can think of in it. Dr Axel sumtin or other fish atlas. Now i gonna look for a book on catfish lol.

dramaqueen 02-02-2009 07:00 PM

Now you're getting hooked on catfish. lol

fishyinpa 02-02-2009 07:27 PM

haha. yeah. So i bought a catfish care book off of ebay 6 bucks. Its the baron series so cant be that bad i guess lol.

fishyinpa 02-02-2009 09:45 PM

Now i looking for sand. pet stores only have expensive stuff. Kim or aunt Kymmie i dont remember which lol told me play sand from lowes or home depot. but its 50lbs and i dont need that much lol. I keep looking for that i guess. Maybe i wait till friday when i get my fish and ask what they have. or ask beforehand haha. Oh and his heater is doing good now. Up to 78 woohoo. Hmm thats bout it.

aunt kymmie 02-02-2009 09:54 PM

Yes, it's true that you don't need that much but the price of a 50 pound bag of play sand will be cheaper than a 20 pound bag of something else.
You could always buy the bag at Home Depot, take out what you're going to need, and then leave the bag there for someone else to use. Just a thought.

fishyinpa 02-02-2009 09:56 PM

Oh for real? Hmm...thats a thought lol. I just replied to you on the other post too. So just open it take what i want and leave it? Wonder if theyd say anything about that....we shall see i guess.

aunt kymmie 02-02-2009 10:16 PM

I'd ask about it first before doing it. Once I needed some concrete but not a 40 pound bag. I asked the guy if I could buy the bag, take out what I needed, and leave the rest. He told me I could leave it just off to the side of the store where the contractors do their bulk pick ups. He said someone would take it.

fishyinpa 02-02-2009 10:20 PM

hmm okay. sounds like a plan.