Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Cichlids (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/)
-   -   please look at pics and tell me what u thinks happening (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/please-look-pics-tell-me-what-20951/)

chrisandmarie 02-02-2009 05:59 PM

please look at pics and tell me what u thinks happening

5 Attachment(s)
my kribs have gone beautiful, the males fins are blue with bit of yellow, the female like a deep red belly with the black deapend.

willow 02-02-2009 06:17 PM

hi
looks like they could be preparing to breed perhaps ? :)

chrisandmarie 02-02-2009 06:24 PM

do you think cool im waiting for my devider as i also have pair of jellybeans (not dyed dont belive in it) and there chasing the krib and vis verser not fighting but still i have a 4ft tank so hopefully be happy with 2ft each

jeaninel 02-02-2009 08:21 PM

They're in their breeding colors. Looks like the female is fat with eggs.

chrisandmarie 02-03-2009 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaninel (Post 168304)
They're in their breeding colors. Looks like the female is fat with eggs.

how long can i expect for eggs to be laid thanks;-)

iamntbatman 02-04-2009 01:15 PM

It could take them several weeks before they're successful if this is their first time. The divider is a must. Heck, a completely nonporous divider would be best, as I can see the parrots sucking the krib fry through divider holes.

How are you sure your parrots aren't dyed? Most of the regular orange/red ones are dyed as well, not just the more strange colors.

kamazza 02-06-2009 01:06 PM

they are definately spawning, bright red, fat belly tells it all... mine always ate their eggs and when they finally let some hatch the fry only lasted a couple days before being eaten :/ definately divide them, being chased will stress them out.

jokerman43 02-08-2009 11:35 AM

They defiantly look like they are breeding

shari4fun2004 04-02-2009 09:37 AM

Hello i am new here and have a set of krib that layed eggs back on the 24 of march. prior to that i had only had them a few weeks. now i have about 20 fry swimming all over the tank what am i going to do with all these babys wow what a cool process to watch. I havent seperated them from the babys they seem to be pretty good parents they get along and even mouth up the babys and spit them else were if there were there not sapose to be. i am new to fish let alone the breeding thing how do i go about finding them a home once there big enough thanks shari@hillscues.com

willow 04-02-2009 10:53 AM

hello and welcome.
congratulations on the fry :)
you could inquire at the LFS (local fish store) if they would be interested in the fry,
or you could advertise them on here.