Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Off Topic: Why are they so jealous ? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/off-topic-why-they-so-jealous-20885/)

catfishtabbi 01-30-2009 11:45 PM

Off Topic: Why are they so jealous ?

My husband insists i pay too much attentiom to my fish , yes i got really burned out acclimating and keeping alive some chocolate gouramis and i had a filter fail, so i had to rig up a biowheel with some bio media from my canister- yous know the routine. Truth is i haven't rested for three days. I think i made some stride in my hobby and i pulled thru my trial, the least he be is happy i have something to enjoy.Unfortunately jealousy knows no logic.:-(

aunt kymmie 01-30-2009 11:50 PM

I understand your situation perfectly. My b/f tolerates the tank but gets tweaked over all the time I spend on the forum & the internet. I have to constantly remind him that I'm learning & doing research. He has to constantly remind me that I have weeds to pick in the garden. :|

PS. How are your chocolates doing?

catfishtabbi 01-31-2009 12:02 AM

THANK YOU. The choco's are holding thier own. I still have 4 out of 7 with 2 having been DOA. I understand thats not too shabby.They sent 3M and 4F, lost 3 girls. In regard to our other halfs ? I don't know why mine complains if i'm on the computer i can't be flapping my jaws while HE watches the BOOB TUBE.

aunt kymmie 01-31-2009 12:05 AM

Isn't that so true?? :lol:

dramaqueen 01-31-2009 12:09 AM

I don't really have anyone to talk to about my fish; people think I'm nuts when I talk about them. Its nice to have this forum where everyone else is interested in fish,too. :)

catfishtabbi 01-31-2009 12:16 AM

Exactly! at least we communicate together. I am lucky that i have a couple people to share with and we barrow also. It's a joke with one of my friends, he'll say did you buy "this or that" and i shout out " hey i have fish to buy!"

dramaqueen 01-31-2009 12:21 AM

I had a few neighbors that had bettas but they weren't really interested in them. I have no idea why they got them in the first place.

willow 02-02-2009 08:12 AM

i think we just have to face it guys no one understands us,
and thta's it,unless you have an OH who is as mad over our pets as we are.
i think i would go nuts if i didn't have pets,or my friends on the net. !!
i order stuff on line so i don't have to put anyone out,no one really
likes going to the pet stores with me.
however one of the many ups to my OH is he stops me from having a house full.
i have down sized my collection now,i only have 1tank of fish,and two lizards tanks. :)

dramaqueen 02-02-2009 08:27 AM

I agree with you, Willow. No one understands unless they are pet lovers, too. I love coming to the forum and talking to other members about my fish. Luckily I have a Petsmart within walking distance so I can go over there and browse around as long as I like. My Mother wouldn't be caught dead in a petstore so I never ask her to go with me. She'd rather sit in the car and wait for me and thats no fun. I don't drive so I have to rely on others to take me to other petstores.

willow 02-02-2009 02:12 PM

i could take the bus/busses to one fish store,however
if i wanted anything live,then i would be unsure of the survival,especially
in the winter,and as we now have some snow to bring Britton to it's knees
i won't be venturing out.
so i'll fill my cravings for all things fishy and reptilian here :-D