Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   Manzanita Driftwood (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/manzanita-driftwood-20870/)

Neah84 01-30-2009 02:44 PM

Manzanita Driftwood

I am trying to find a website that sells that wood. anyone know where to get it?

Also Is sandblasted manzanita wood the same as manzanita driftwood? Hoping to find someplace where I can get some for my planted tank in the making. :)

Any help in locating this wood would be appreciated.

Justin

aunt kymmie 01-30-2009 03:04 PM

I just googled it and it's all over the place. It appears that manzanita driftwood and sandblasted are one in the same. Being from Southern California I have it all over the hills surrounding my house. I would never thought of using it until you brought it up. I always hated it because it scratched me up on my mountain bike rides. Thanks for a good call. I was needing something different for one of my tanks and I think this is the answer.

What size pieces were you looking for? I think I'll go scrubbing the hills looking for it this weekend....I can always find extras!

Neah84 01-30-2009 04:40 PM

Reason I brought it up was cause I saw it used in a tank on another forum and was wowed by the way it looked. its exactly what i want for the *eye catcher* besides the fish. :)

hopefully you find some this weekened for you! check your pm btw

aunt kymmie 01-30-2009 04:58 PM

Got the PM! This will give me a good reason to go out hiking this weekend (after surfing, of course :-)) instead of sitting in front of my fish tank!

Twistersmom 01-30-2009 10:58 PM

You have a nice life Aunt Kymmie! Its to cold to walk out the front door here! Surfing and hicking! Im jealous!

aunt kymmie 01-31-2009 12:20 AM

Yes, I have a great life, if you like sun & surf. Alot of people prefer the cold. Where are you that it's so cold? Wait, that was a stupid question. This time of year it's cold nearly everywhere!

Neah84 01-31-2009 12:37 AM

mn is COLD! we had a warm front of like 12 degrees today lol felt like shorts weather

Neah84 01-31-2009 09:03 PM

did you happen to go for your walk today? or was it too nice so you stayed on the beach surfing! lol

aunt kymmie 01-31-2009 11:25 PM

You hit the nail on the head. It was 77 degress, not a cloud in the sky and the waves were small but very glassy. We stayed out until the sun was setting. If tomorrow is more of the same (forecast is calling for it) I may have to save the hike for next weekend. 8)

Neah84 01-31-2009 11:50 PM

lol your killing me! My tank needs that wood. :-p lol dont make me fly out there cause i wont!

Glad you had fun on the beach all day!