Ok, so I am intersested in goldfish, tropicals, and brackish fish, and tanks size 1.5-55 gallons.. Can you give me some advice on good tanks to setup? Here are a few I was thinking of (I'm not gonna do them all)
55 gallon- 2 goldfish, 7 zebra danios, 3 weather loaches
1.5 gallon- 4 zebra danios
5 gallon (brackish)- 2 bumblebee gobies, 3 black mollies, ghost shrimp
10 gallon- 3 guppies, 7 neon tetras, ghost shrimp, mystery snail
29 gallon- 2 goldfish
55 gallon- pleco, guppies, neon tetras, angel fish, ECT?????
5 gallon- dwarf puffer
ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ARE TAKEN!!!!!!!!!!
do the 55 gallon the bigger the tank the easier it is to maintain(in most aspects)
dont do the angel and neons cuz a full grown angel can easily eat the neons
try a 2 big schools 1 school of neons and 1 of rumminose tetras heavily planted
some drift wood a L14 pleco http://www.plecofanatics.com/gallery...?imageid=15455 and a school of cool corys
2) 4 danios in a gallon means water params will get out of whack quickly
3) mollies need to be acclimated to salt conditions
4) i would skip the guppies esp. if its a male/female combo
5) as stated, messy fish that grow very large
6) looking for ideas?
7) common plecos grow to a foot and a half and even larger, guppies reproduce like jack rabbits and angel fish will have territorial issues
8) this sounds nice just keep in mind puffers need live foods
1. The combination is fine. Zebra danios are pretty tolerant of slightly cooler temperatures.
2. Ditch the tank and replace with a 5g. You can put a couple of Pomacea diffusa there along with six ember tetras.
3. The only problem is mollies. They need plenty of space if these are not the balloon variants. Why not replace them with nerite snails instead? Nerites are very pretty to look at. Do make sure to feed them plenty of algae.
4. This one is fine.
5. Which goldfish do you have? If these are ryukins or pearlscales, two should work otherwise keep one only. If these goldies are unlikely to harass the snails, then you can place some mystery snails there to add color. This may require twice a week water change depending on how much food you give them.
6. Snails. Where are you located? You could give Pomacea haustrum, Pomacea canaliculata or Pomacea insularum a try. Insularums are best kept by themselves as males are rather violent and may squash smaller females in their attempts to copulate with them. These are all illegal to obtain from other states but if you can obtain them within your state, then this is okay.
7. Be careful with neons and angels. Neons are noted to be the natural prey of angels and definitely are. Try the black neons instead. Other tankmates will include blue rams, hatchetfish and pencilfish. As for plecos, try the smaller species such as the L010a, bristlenose plecos, clown plecos, queen arabesque, king tiger, Rineloricaria parva, Sturisoma panamense, Farlowella acus or green phantoms.
8. This is fine.
8.) I started out with my two dwarf puffers in a 5gal. One of the puffers did not like it so well. Always pacing up and down the glass. They do that when bored or stressed. I moved them into a 10gal, and that fixed the problem. Maybe only keep one if its in a 5gal. They can be selective eaters. Mine will only eat blackworms and bloodworms. I also have a few small snails in the tank, to help with grinding their teeth down, but I have not seen them eating the snails for a long time now.
2. I already have a 1.5 not in use, and that was reccomended by someone. Its only male guppies. on # 6 tes, I'm looking for ideas. 7, I was thinking maybe a bristle nose pleco. All MALE guppies.
Also, if anyone wants to reccomend any other fish feel free too!!!
For a brackish:
10G tank with one Figure 8 puffer?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.