Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   When Do You Think The World Will End (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/when-do-you-think-world-will-20254/)

aquakid 01-08-2009 05:56 PM

When Do You Think The World Will End

When do you think the world will end

iamntbatman 01-11-2009 03:00 AM

Well, odds are that the Earth as we know it will be destroyed when our sun dies billions of years in the future. At that time, our planet might get destroyed, but we'll have plenty of other colonies across the galaxy (maybe beyond) by the time that happens.

And yes, I do believe faster-than-light travel is possible. Anyone ever play Mass Effect?

Lupin 01-11-2009 03:06 AM

Hmmm...I was thinking of War of the Worlds but I haven't seen UFOs yet.

onefish2fish 01-11-2009 03:20 AM

Just because YOU havnt seen them doesnt mean they arnt out there lupin. Put it this way. the milkyway is 1 galaxy made up of planets, stars.. and there are millions of galaxies if not more all with stars. the closest star to us provides us light, heat and energy. What is stopping one of the other planets in another galaxy close to a star to yeild the same thing? Maybe their resources are different. Using plasma instead of water? Maybe they are still in the stone age... maybe even single celluar.. theres too many options for there not to be life existing else were. I dont believe in our galaxy but i believe in another one for sure.

Now here is the question,if they were more technologically advanced and could travel at light speed, would they come and fight us or trade us?

iamntbatman 01-11-2009 03:39 PM

onefish2fish, have you seen that calculation some guy did about the number of space-faring civilizations in existence? It's all hypothetical, of course, but it's pretty solid and makes a lot of sense as to why there are probably quite a few advanced races of aliens out there. Let me find a link....

Here we go. It's called the Drake equation. The Wikipedia entry is pretty in-depth:
Drake equation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

tmz 01-11-2009 06:46 PM

hopefully, tonight so that i no longer have to write my term paper on nationalism. =]

iamntbatman 01-13-2009 03:47 AM

Sounds fun! How about I write it for you, and you can buy me a 120g setup in return?

onefish2fish 01-13-2009 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamntbatman (Post 163152)
Sounds fun! How about I write it for you, and you can buy me a 120g setup in return?

ill set it up!

for a 120 in return

ckeener 03-03-2009 04:30 AM

In my opinion... individually speaking, it ends when you breathe your last breath. For others, life will go on… “Predictions” are for the paranoid and superstitious.

Kellsindell 03-06-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckeener (Post 177242)
In my opinion... individually speaking, it ends when you breathe your last breath. For others, life will go on… “Predictions” are for the paranoid and superstitious.

LOL, but i agree. I don't worry about it, but...

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only"

Matt 24:37

as for me, i don't worry about it. I had a teacher in my Calc class write a # on the wall and then said "this is how many hours are left until the world will end" and he said that by the way the sun burns it will run out of energy to burn in like 7,000,000,000+hrs. so idk

Do ya'll listen to Coast to Coast radio? they talk about alien life and theories there.