Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Here's a funny story (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/heres-funny-story-20249/)

Kim 01-08-2009 02:11 PM

Here's a funny story

So here's my funny story. My mom picked me up from school early today because she had to bring my brother to his annual doctor's appointment and there would have been no one to pick me up. Because she was in a hurry, she dropped me off at the top of my road and I walked down to my house. Well, I had left all my stuff (coat, backpack, cell phone, key, etc.) in the car because I figured I'd just go in through the garage door. Well, the garage door didn't open because the power had gone out :shock:. All the other doors were locked. It was also about 30 degrees (not that bad) and snowing. But, I was really worried about my fish freezing in there until my parents came home to unlock the door. But, there was nothing I could do about it (unless I broke a window to get in which would likely land me in a ton of trouble) so I just went into the barn (I'm now all wet because of the snow), fed the horses some treats, and sat down with a horse blanket around me. I was so worried about my fish that I didn't even think about myself as I sat there for a little over an hour waiting. Well, the power finally came on and I opened the garage door and went inside. I was expecting my fish to be really cold, but the largest temperature drop was 2 degrees :|. That was in my cory tank and they actually liked it - they were "in the mood" when I walked in! Anyway, come to find out it was actually me that suffered most being wet outside in the cold :shock:! Stupid me........:lol:

Oh well, live and learn right :roll:. I just laughed at myself!

aunt kymmie 01-08-2009 02:16 PM

You are a much better teenager than I ever was! I would have broken a window (been there, done that) and suffered the consequences. I *hate* being cold. How nice that your cories got to have some fun ;-)

willow 01-08-2009 02:22 PM

aww you poor thing,nice that the horses and the catfish had fun though.:lol:

Kellsindell 01-08-2009 02:24 PM

Wow, i think i would have done the same thing... though i would have thought about that window long and hard. Thank goodness nothing happend to your tank too!

When i came home one time(the one day i unplugged my heater) the tank was down to 68F and it's suppose to be at 80-81.5F... yeah.

SinCrisis 01-08-2009 04:56 PM

well i went to college and when i came abck the water level was so low the heater turned itself off. The water was roughly 68 and all my fish behaved exactly the same as when i left it at 78 before. Im glad your corys are fine. You should talk to you parents about leaving a key for the backdoor or front door for times like this. I never broke a window but i broke a lock before when i was locked out... Paperclips work, but if u break the paperclip in the lock afterward, the lock is done...

dramaqueen 01-11-2009 02:12 PM

I'm glad you had a barn to go into and a horse blanket to keep you warm:) Glad your fish were ok.