Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Aquarium Photography (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/aquarium-photography/)
-   -   Resizing Pictures (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/aquarium-photography/resizing-pictures-20245/)

Hailfirex 01-08-2009 01:14 PM

Resizing Pictures
 
Hello,

I just wanted to post a thread about resizing pictures so you can upload them to the forum. You can use photoshop but that is an expensive program. There however is another solution called "Gimp" which is an opensource program which is free. I haven't used it much but I did try the scaling image part of it and it works.

Here is a link to download Gimp:
GIMP - Downloads

And here is the user manual link:
GNU Image Manipulation Program

Hope this helps people, and if you have questions go ahead and I will try to help.

Later,
Hailfirex

aunt kymmie 01-08-2009 01:48 PM

Awesome! I'm going to try it. Thanks so much for posting this info! :-)

beweeb 01-10-2009 07:49 PM

if all you wana do is resize pic this place is vary ez
Resize Images online

Neptune 12-04-2009 10:22 AM

Another GREAT program for resizing pictures is called IR Fanview. Download it here:

Download IrfanView

Also, i have gimp, but i use it for different attempts at graphic editing and such. :P

To resize a picture in irfanview just open a photo in it.

thwn go to Image>Resize/Resample

You can type in any dimensions you'd like, but it looks nicer if you keep the dimensions ratio. (There's a checkbox for that :P)

aquariangel 12-04-2009 03:43 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Paint is probably the easiest and anyone who runs Windows OS should have it.

Under Image choose Stretch and Skew. In the dialogue box under Stretch there is a field for Horizontal and Vertical. Simply reduce it to 50% (or more depending on size) and save as any of the formats permitted (bmp, jpg, gif) on the forum. If the image is still large just repeat the process to reduce it more.


Here's a visual aide I created -

What I lack in aquarium keeping knowledge (but learning more every day!!) I make up for by being a computer geek :-D

aunt kymmie 12-04-2009 04:23 PM

Thanks, aquariangel. I'm not a computer geek (wish I was) but geeky all the same, as my friends are so fond of telling me. :lol:

Fishin Pole 12-04-2009 08:23 PM

Kymmie.......did you get a cape with the "Super Moderator" title?.........A Bat phone?............gold bracelets like Wonder Woman?.........

aunt kymmie 12-06-2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishin Pole (Post 285167)
Kymmie.......did you get a cape with the "Super Moderator" title?.........A Bat phone?............gold bracelets like Wonder Woman?.........

Oh, wouldn't you like to know! It was Tinkerbell's magic wand and with one flick of the wrist *poof*, my water changes are complete.
I bet you wish you had one...I even have the tiara to go with it.

aquariangel 12-08-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aunt kymmie (Post 285640)
Oh, wouldn't you like to know! It was Tinkerbell's magic wand and with one flick of the wrist *poof*, my water changes are complete.
I bet you wish you had one...I even have the tiara to go with it.

At the risk of revealing my true identity I'd like to know how the heck you come into possession of my wand? I've been searching the globe for where I left it. Little did I know it was on the beach from my last jaunt in the waves! Just a warning be careful, it is very powerful and not to be used frivolously!
I dont mind your using it for a time as I do have a spare, but please send it home in one piece as soon as possible. You may keep the tiara as a gift. :-)

aunt kymmie 12-08-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquariangel (Post 286877)
At the risk of revealing my true identity I'd like to know how the heck you come into possession of my wand? I've been searching the globe for where I left it. Little did I know it was on the beach from my last jaunt in the waves! Just a warning be careful, it is very powerful and not to be used frivolously!
I dont mind your using it for a time as I do have a spare, but please send it home in one piece as soon as possible. You may keep the tiara as a gift. :-)

What?! You have another one at home and you want the one I have sent back?? Can you say, "Little Miss Selfish Stardust Winged Fairy"? The only way I'm giving it back is if you trade me for something of equal or greater value. So, what do you have to offer for a trade?? 8-)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2