Tropical Fish Keeping banner

update on my mean tank + 1 question

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Agent13 
#1 ·
Sorry for the title haha.. but they are mean! The rosy barbs think I'm yummy and the crayfish just want to kill me for fun good thing I'm not easily scurred. Anywho really just updating that the two blue "lobsters" are in fact together and both just molted in their seperate rocks after spending a few days doing i don't know what in the girls rock. They hid in their respective rocks and molted and are starting to come out again. Here they are...but one question about my nippy barbs. One you'll see looks a bit more gold then all the rest. Is it actually a rosy barb? I do have two long finned ones but the one looks more like the rest of the rosy barbs.

#2 ·
The one barb looks like it could be a female.

#4 ·
I guess that depends on what you mean by okay ;-) Really though, I would probably swap it out for another male.

#5 · (Edited)
So leave her in then haha. I mean life happens. Hope for the best. She seems fine. I love this tank honestly! Crazy dynamic and working amazingly so far. I've come to the realization I honeslty love aggressive fish/inverts mostly. :lol:
I guess I'll make my decision on her come wednesday when I start the finishing phase of myy 72 overhaul. I'll be in the fish store then so I'l think on it

#6 ·
Okaayyyy. So looks like someone bit her last night or this morning and I know it wasn't either of the crayfish. Guess she is going to a qt tank till wednesday when I can get a boy. Between tearing down the cichlid tank for alterations and this barb I for once will have no more open qt tanks in my house.

#7 ·
He killed her!

Just kidding!! My kids woke me up in a severe panick thinking the girl was dead at 7am ...ughh.... All for nothing! She has molted yet again but this time left it for all to see.
How the heck often do these guys molt!?!?!? She is HUGE now! 2nd molt since We've had her and the boy 1 molt so far :shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.