Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Diving (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/diving/)
-   -   Whoo Hoo...Christmas Eve Day! Let's Shred Some Waves!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/diving/whoo-hoo-christmas-eve-day-lets-19943/)

aunt kymmie 12-24-2008 11:04 AM

Whoo Hoo...Christmas Eve Day! Let's Shred Some Waves!!

I just had to share my excitement! Today is the begining of four days off for me which means...drum roll....four straight days of being in the ocean w/ three of my best friends. We plan on surfing all four days, which is always special during the holidays. My friends say "You're such a geek" as I plan on taking out a water proof disposable camera so I can take some pictures. I'll probably lose it in the surf :roll:

Of course, knowing what a dork I am my girlfriend says, "Pictures so you can post them on the forum??". She won't say that if I'm able to get some pics of something amazing....maybe some dolphins if I'm really, really lucky. Some shore birds for sure...Merry Christmas EVERYONE!!

dramaqueen 12-24-2008 11:08 AM

Sounds like fun! Have a great time and I sure hope you don't lose your camera so you can post some pics. Merry Christmas!!

dallops_of_polyps 12-24-2008 05:45 PM

haha sounds lke your girlfriend got that right on the nose

Amphitrite 12-27-2008 03:07 PM

I hope you had a fab time Aunt Kymmie, looking forward to seeing the pics! :-D

Kellsindell 12-27-2008 05:54 PM

Looking forward to many pics too!

Have fun and Merry (belated) Christmas and Happy new years!

aunt kymmie 12-30-2008 11:37 AM

I still have a few more photos to take before I use them up and can get the camera developed. New Year's Day we are going out again and I'll shoot the rest of them.

I bought a new wetsuit (another present from me from me!) and will be able to try it out on New Year's Day. I was sick of getting cold. My current wetsuit sucked. It's too bad I can't wear my drysuit surfing. I'm not sure why I can't wear it surfing but I never see anyone else wearing one so there must be a reason not to do it.

We saw a seal lion on Sunday. He popped his head up but he was so quick up & down that I couldn't get a photo. He was really cute, with his big whiskers and all.

Happy New Year to everyone!!

Amphitrite 12-30-2008 11:38 AM

Happy New Year Aunt Kymmie, I'm really looking forward to seeing your pictures! :-D

Nudist 12-30-2008 01:35 PM

WOW, i bet that was soooo neat seeing it, too bad you couldnt get a pic of it so you could refresh your memory of it for years to come. looking forward to seeing the pics you do have. please be safe and have fun on your next trip out.

Steve

aunt kymmie 12-30-2008 01:45 PM

Thanks, Steve. You know about dry suits...why is it that no one uses one for surfing? Is it because it's possible to tear the seals or the suit itself?? Or is it because they create drag while trying to paddle? I bought the O'Neil Psycho II wetsuit and it cost nearly as much as my drysuit, which is pretty crazy. I haven't taken the tags off of it yet...

Nudist 12-30-2008 03:36 PM

i'm not really sure about why they dont use them for surfing. just taking a guess i would say it could be because if the dry suit got a leak in it, you could easily drown because it would fill up with water. if a person was to panic being you dont have a tank and bc on you never know what they might do. but like i say, thats just a guess.

Steve