Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
-   -   okay my turn to call for help (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/okay-my-turn-call-help-19927/)

ghosty 12-23-2008 11:53 AM

okay my turn to call for help

so i have 4 dead fish, it started with my clown pleco i'm going to say it was ich. it was only apparent with my clown pleco white dots on him. well all was fine yesterday when i left for work then when i got home one angle and my high fin were dead, their were no spots on either of them :( then this morning my clown pleco is belly up and my second angle is on the verg of parishing. but everything in the tank still are not showing signs of ich. i raised the temp to 80 and put a teaspoon of salt in the tank last night, the tank is 15gal. what else should i do, since there are no plecos should i treat the tank with ich meds now? i also did a half water change this morning, the tank was due for one.

Cody 12-23-2008 12:02 PM

That tank is a bit small to be housing all of those fish.

Can you describe your tank a bit more? IE...

Water Parameters?
How long has the tank been setup for?
How long have the fish been in there for?
What other fish do you have in the tank?
Did you ever go through a cycle?
Anything else you want to tell us.

ghosty 12-24-2008 12:49 AM

water is good all in the green.i dont know what the water parameters before were but since i did the change all is normal. the tank has been running for a year. i know i have alot of fish in there, i have 3 cory's, 4 betta's, and then the 2 angles (they were little guys), and the two plecos ( high fin was 3 inch and the clown was 6in) the cory's have been in their since the beginning, the bettas 4-5 months the clown 5-6 months the high fin 2 weeks and the angles 4 days. the angles were in there just to get bigger so i could move them into my 50 gal also since my 50 has only been running for 3 months so i wanted some more time to cycle. i don't know what else to tell you guys, when i got home i treated the tank with what petsmart treats thier tanks it was more for parasites and velvet i don't know if it will do anything but i thought i would give it a try.
when i got home my cory's weren't looking to good but my temp was 82 so i turne it down some.
thanks for all your help

iamntbatman 12-25-2008 01:35 AM

Hmm without any symptoms it's hard to say what, exactly, killed your fish, but it might have been something that came with the angels.

Kim 12-25-2008 04:53 PM

Have you seen their poops? Maybe it's just me being paranoid about internal parasites but I think it is worthwhile checking. Brown is normal while white and stringy is a sign of IP. Oftentimes they can kill with subtle symptoms.

ghosty 12-25-2008 11:43 PM

poop was normal, everyone is fine now all my bettas and corys are active and symptom free.... grrrrr i'm just happy it happened in that tank and not the 50 gal