Tropical Fish Keeping banner

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Swimolotl 
#1 ·
I just wanted to say hi and give a bit of info. I'm excited about joining and sifting through all the interesting and helpful topics.

I'm currently at my lowest capacity I have been on tanks in over 5 years. Due to our house size and such, it will probably stay that way for a bit. As my aged babies pass away we have agreed to not fill the space with another.

I currently have a 120 gallon fresh water tank with Silver Dollars, Severums, gouramis, and my pride and joy- Endy the Polypterus endlicheri endlicheri.

I have a 55 gallon Axolotl tank, currently housing 2 Melanoid and one Gold Albino. I have 2 gold albino gfps, 1 Luscestic, and 1 white albino that will be moved into the 55 when they are of size.

Scooter is a Western Painted Turtle that was attacked as a hatchling and lost both hind legs. He is now about 4 years old and quite spoiled. He does well for the most part as long as water depth or current doesn't change quickly.

We have a 500 gallon pond that is only in its second season. So far so good, working on plants and such to make it great.

In addition we also have 3 dogs (German Shepherd, Doberman, and a Catahoula mix) and one horse (Holsteiner).

That about sums up the nonhuman family my husband and I share our lives with.

Glad to be here :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi! That's quite a menagerie you've got going on!

Reactions: Swimolotl
#10 ·
Hi Swimolotl. Welcome to the Forum... MY goodness there's a LOT of begging for photos around here! Please, please, please can we huh, huh, huh?

On a sad note... I also have a Paint who is handicapped but is missing both front feet and part of his tail. He has grown "overgrown" back feet to compensate I think so I have the luxury of filling his tank extra deep as I know he can't climb out over the top of the tank. He is listed in my aquarium tab <--------- under Mr Nubbins. He is a Midland Paint. Bless you for loving and caring for Scooter!! Would love to see pics of all your babies.

Reactions: Swimolotl
#11 ·
If the photos are on your computer at home, Go Advanced below and use the PaperClip option to upload a file, Browse and find your photos. If that works I advise only loading a few at a time in each post.
If they are on a photobucket type site you need to add a link. Go Advanced tho to create and review your post before you submit your reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.