my bleeding heart tetra and my favourite chocolate gourmi are dying. my ph is perfect, and theres no sign of ich or any other diseases! They have been laying on the ground for a long time, but there still breathing! my suspicions are that i recently discovered about 20 snails in the tank, i dont know wat type, but there breeding like mad. could this be the cause? help!
Have you done a gravel suck or water change at all?
I don't think the snails are the cause of the problem with your fish.
Can you post the answers to the following questions listed here the best you can? I'm sure someone will be able to offer some advice after getting more info on your tank.
1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons)
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water?
3. How long the aquarium has been set up?
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know)
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
6. What temperature is the tank water currently?
7. What make/model filter are you using?
8. Are you using a CO2 unit?
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day?
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed?
11. How often do you perform water changes?
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish?
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on?
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time?
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips?
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank?
we are to late, both of the fish are dead.... thank you anyways. crying face ):
That's a bummer. Sorry that happened... :cry:
Your problem is probably due to a mini cycle and those snails are pond snails from the pet store that rode in on your plants. They are also eating your plants. Sorry about your loss, try a 50% water change right away, I have responded to your other thread.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2