Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   HELP!!!! cracked tank!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/help-cracked-tank-1958/)

connord182 12-20-2006 09:57 PM

HELP!!!! cracked tank!!

ok so i was adding water to my tank about 20 minutes ago and noticed the tank had cracked!!! there are 3 crackes in the top right corner of the tank and the go down about four inches. ( it's a ten gallon tank). i have no spare tank to put the fish/water in. i was able to get the water level lower than the cracks, but i need some help!! what do i do?

St6_Devgru 12-20-2006 10:09 PM

hmmm maybe seal it with some water proof sealent and hurry up and get a replacement tank quick quick. if you dont have sealent, maybe put your fish somewhere else or if you think they can still live there until you can get a new tank.

Lupin 12-20-2006 10:11 PM

Put all your fish slowly in a large bucket. Then place your filter and turn on the airpump to provide oxygen for them. Be sure to use your tank water. You can still use it when you have a new tank.

In the meantime, try to reseal the crack or buy a new tank as suggested.

St6_Devgru 12-20-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue
Put all your fish slowly in a large bucket. Then place your filter and turn on the airpump to provide oxygen for them. Be sure to use your tank water. You can still use it when you have a new tank.

In the meantime, try to reseal the crack or buy a new tank as suggested.

:O thanks so much blue ^^ if you live in hawaii tel me haha maybe i can give you my ten gal hehe

connord182 12-20-2006 10:56 PM

ok thanks for the help. since i have the water level below the crack would it be safe to leave it until the morning? it's pretty late here and i know i cant do it this tired....

Lupin 12-20-2006 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by connord182
ok thanks for the help. since i have the water level below the crack would it be safe to leave it until the morning? it's pretty late here and i know i cant do it this tired....

I don't think so. If your filter is not on the works, you may experience ammonia and nitrite spikes.

St6_Devgru 12-20-2006 10:59 PM

yeah as long as its below the water level. and dont make the crak bigger now. get a bucket or something to hold thfish in if something happens

connord182 12-20-2006 11:06 PM

ok ill get a bucket the tank is in my room so ill check up on it if i wake in the middle of the night or something. as for the filter it can still reach the water and it filtering the water. so im hoping it can hold till tomorrow. i will most likely just go out and get a replacement tank in the morning so a bucket wont be an issue.

St6_Devgru 12-20-2006 11:12 PM

ok good luck! have a good night