Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Cichlids (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/)
-   -   Ram Cichlid (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/ram-cichlid-1952/)

Brandon 12-20-2006 12:33 PM

Ram Cichlid

Hey do you guys think i would be able to keep a Ram Cichlid with my red tailed shark, my rubber pleco and my julii corycat?

p.s 10 gallon tank.

Dizlal 12-20-2006 03:39 PM

Your really pushing the limits of the tank, And RTS are quite bullish compared to Rams. :)

Brandon 12-20-2006 05:07 PM

Quote:

And RTS are quite bullish compared to Rams.
What do you mean? bullish

And this is the last fish im putting in before i get me/build my bigger tank.

Lupin 12-20-2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon
What do you mean? bullish

And this is the last fish im putting in before i get me/build my bigger tank.

RTBS are very aggressive and in a 10 gallons tank, your ram will meet its death in a short time.:shake: Rams do not tolerate aggressive tankmates. Make sure they are the most dominant in the tank, not the other fish.

Brandon 12-20-2006 05:37 PM

What kind of cichlid can i put in there that has the same growth and looks cool.

Lupin 12-20-2006 05:47 PM

Quote:

What kind of cichlid can i put in there that has the same growth and looks cool.

Unless you remove your RTBS, you are still really pushing the limits.:blueworry:

Brandon 12-20-2006 05:49 PM

Well thanks for the quick answere. I think i should see if a LFS would wanna buy in some time soon. I think next time ill just get a Bala or Rainbow if any shark at all. Do you know how much a Lfs would buy it for? Because i would like to get maby a few tetras or a cichlid or to depending on how big they get.

Lupin 12-20-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

Well thanks for the quick answere. I think i should see if a LFS would wanna buy in some time soon. I think next time ill just get a Bala or Rainbow if any shark at all. Do you know how much a Lfs would buy it for?

None of those will fit in your tank unless you have a 55 gallons with the exception of bala sharks which grow to 12 inches or more thus requiring you a 150 gallons. Balas love to be kept in a shoal hence 150 gallons is recommended to keep 4-6 of them.

Brandon 12-20-2006 05:53 PM

Well i geuss sharks are out of the tank untill i get my bigger one. But do you know maby how much big als or petcetera will buy it for?

Lupin 12-20-2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Well i geuss sharks are out of the tank untill i get my bigger one. But do you know maby how much big als or petcetera will buy it for?

Their policy may depend. Sometimes you get only half the price they sell the fish.