Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Left 4 Dead (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/left-4-dead-19499/)

iamntbatman 11-30-2008 09:48 PM

Left 4 Dead

Basically, this is the most amazing game ever. Anyone else out there surviving the zombie apocalypse?

For those of you who don't know about this game, it's the latest effort from Valve (makers of the Half-Life series, Counter Strike, Team Fortress, Portal). It runs on the Source engine (the engine used for Half-Life 2, Portal, Counter Strike Source) and is available for PC and Xbox 360. The game has four campaigns playable with up to four players online or two on splitscreen. You play as one of four survivors of the zombie apocalypse and you must fight your way through hordes of zombies to get to rescue at the end of the campaign. Definitely recommended for fans of zombie movies, first-person-shooter buffs and anyone who likes playing games with friends.

Amphitrite 12-02-2008 01:16 PM

I'm SO excited about getting this game!! I've been instructed to hold off because Santa might be bringing for Christmas. I can't wait to play!!

What's that online play like?

Mike 12-02-2008 02:31 PM

I am also really looking forward to playing it! I love first person shooters and the zombie genre, so this is right up my alley! I'm ashamed to admit that I loved Resident Evil 4 for the Wii so much that I read the novelizations of four Resident Evil games. :-P

Do you guys want to play together when we all have Left4Dead? Like, Kate, I have been holding off from purchasing it myself so that I'd actually have an answer when my mother asks what I would like for the holidays, but I've still got a GameStop gift card from last year that, since Left4Dead's release, has been burning a hole in my pocket!

iamntbatman 12-03-2008 12:33 PM

I've only been playing it for the 360 so far and I don't think Xbox Live members can play with people on PC. However, I'm upgrading my PC for Christmas so maybe I'll buy it for PC.

The online play is awesome. On the harder difficulty levels, you absolutely must work together as a team or you won't make it to the end. It really encourages teamwork and communication since you've gotta do things like diversify weapons (you can only carry one gun in addition to your pistols, so you really need someone to have a shotgun, some to have automatic weapons, and at least one person with the hunting rifle). You also need to heal each other and rescue one another when someone gets attacked by one of the special zombies.

Amphitrite 12-03-2008 03:05 PM

It would be awesome for us all to play if you get it on PC.
Go on Jim..... you know you want to ;-)

Anyone else out there played it yet?

Tyyrlym 12-24-2008 07:21 AM

I really, really, really want this game. I love zombie movies. I love apocalyptic movies. I love the zombie apocalypse.

Amphitrite 12-24-2008 07:43 AM

3 days to go and Left4Dead will be mine! Mwahaha :twisted:

iamntbatman 12-24-2008 08:23 PM

Awesome!

I can't stress this enough - when you hear the sounds of a girl crying, turn off your flashlight!

tmz 12-26-2008 11:31 PM

my boyfriend has it and it looks AMAZING.
i dont typically play videogames, but im seriosuly considering buying this one

Amphitrite 12-27-2008 05:38 AM

I've just got home with my copy and I'm going to install it now. Very excited! :-D