Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Guitar Hero (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/guitar-hero-19449/)

aunt kymmie 11-28-2008 10:18 AM

Guitar Hero

I just got a phone call from my nephews last night requesting Guitar Hero for Christmas. Anyone have any pointers for me as far as: what version, best place to purchase, etc. I swore I wouldn't visit the stores on "black friday" and shopping (other than on-line) is something that I HATE to do. The only actual "shopping" I do other than the LFS is the grocery store.
Any advice??

iamntbatman 11-28-2008 02:38 PM

Your nephews want the new game: Guitar Hero World Tour. What you need to do is find out if they already own Rock Band or Rock Band 2 and have all of the peripherals for those games, because they're compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour. Then, you need to find out what system they want the game for (PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360). The game by itself is $60, but is $190 if you buy the Band Kit that comes with the game as well as the instruments.

aunt kymmie 11-28-2008 04:03 PM

Thanks! They've got Xbox 360. I'll be purchasing Guitar Hero World Tour with the Band Kit that comes with the game as well as the instruments. They do not own Rock Band or Rock Band 2. Is there something else I should buy to go with (a bundle of some sort or an additional game?) so that they have all the latest & greatest that Guitar Hero has to offer?

I spoil these kids I know, but I just can't help myself. :-)

Cody 11-28-2008 04:25 PM

The whole kit to have the 4 players would include
-2 Guitars (one is used for a bass in the game)
-1 Drumset
-1 Microphone
Plus the game itself.

I, however do not know if the whole kit comes with 1 or 2 guitars. You may want to check on that. If it only comes with one, then your extra could be another guitar.

And I wish you were my Aunt. Lol. :-)

aunt kymmie 11-28-2008 04:58 PM

Two boys=two guitars. I wouldn't have thought about that. Thanks for the info, Cody!

SolaceTiger 11-28-2008 05:55 PM

Lol Kym, they will love you for life. :D Just make sure they let you play to for spending allt hat cash! xD

chromiskid 11-30-2008 08:15 PM

I think that the Rock Band kit only has I one guitar, but I'm not positive. What I do know is that you can buy an additional guitar, both of which are compaitable with Guitar Hero. Hope this helps!

Matt 12-19-2008 04:49 PM

I Bought Guitar Hero: Aerosmith so that i had a spare guitar for when I got World Tour. Because it only comes with a drum set, mic, and one guitar.

oh and btw, Xbox 360 owns lol
Im in love with mine :-P

aunt kymmie 12-19-2008 05:17 PM

Yep, I got the nephews dialed. They are getting Guitar Hero World Tour and..... the youngest gets the Ball Python he has always wanted and the oldest gets the IPod that he has been bugging me about for the last two years. I made him wait until he was 10. What 8 year old needs an IPod??
The youngest gets a gift certificate at Petco so he can buy some snake stuff.
The older one gets a gift certificate for ITunes so he can go download whatever it is 10 year old boys listen to.
I'm now officially broke until next year!! But....I'm going to have soooo much fun watching their faces as they open these presents!! :-D

PS. I'm not spoiling them...I'm generating stimulus to the US economic recovery!

Twistersmom 12-19-2008 05:33 PM

You are truly a "great aunt Kkmmie". LOL!