Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Anyone learning spanish? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/anyone-learning-spanish-19055/)

It'sJames 11-07-2008 03:40 PM

Anyone learning spanish?
 
Hey kids. Just wondering if there's anyone out there who speaks Spanish, or is in the process of learning it. I've been doing Rosetta Stone for two years now, and I really haven't made as much progress as I had expected. I think I need to communicate a bit more...

willow 11-07-2008 07:35 PM

nope sorry. :(

Cody 11-08-2008 12:49 AM

Too bad your not a Frenchie... I'm taking my third year at my school.

It'sJames 11-08-2008 02:58 AM

How are you taking your third year if you're 14? Aren't you like... a freshman when you're 14? I'm in my third year and I'm... 17. No fair!

iamntbatman 11-10-2008 01:29 PM

My school system was set up so that you could get a jump start on languages in middle school. I took my third year of French in 9th grade, as well.

(Of course, I took three years of French to satisfy any college language requirements, but the university I attend requires you to take French 3 (or Spanish 3, German 3, etc etc) even if you've got three years of high school foreign language, so I had to take a refresher course and French 3 anyway...grr...)

Deku 11-10-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It'sJames (Post 151125)
Hey kids. Just wondering if there's anyone out there who speaks Spanish, or is in the process of learning it. I've been doing Rosetta Stone for two years now, and I really haven't made as much progress as I had expected. I think I need to communicate a bit more...

heh iam a spanish native speaker ;D i can also speak french japanese and german and whats it called....pakistani? xD yes xD

Deku 11-10-2008 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamntbatman (Post 151454)
My school system was set up so that you could get a jump start on languages in middle school. I took my third year of French in 9th grade, as well.

(Of course, I took three years of French to satisfy any college language requirements, but the university I attend requires you to take French 3 (or Spanish 3, German 3, etc etc) even if you've got three years of high school foreign language, so I had to take a refresher course and French 3 anyway...grr...)

haha im older and i can speak spanish better than you :P

dramaqueen 11-15-2008 08:33 PM

I took 3 years of German and 3 of Spanish in high school but can't remember any more than a few phrases in either language. I also lived in Germany for 2 1/2 years when I was a kid.

SolaceTiger 11-15-2008 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deku (Post 151510)
heh iam a spanish native speaker ;D i can also speak french japanese and german and whats it called....pakistani? xD yes xD

lol shame on you deku, i think you should teach james. :P

radiobath 11-16-2008 06:37 AM

I wish I could help. Took Spanish between 6th and 9th grade, and the only things I can say are "Where is the bathroom?", "Michelle walks her dog in the park on Saturday", and "Where the @#$% is (insert object or person)?".

I was trying to learn Japanese too, but with basically the same results.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2