Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
- - discus.. i am doing the right thing? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/discus-i-am-doing-right-thing-18949/)
discus.. i am doing the right thing?
i have 11 juvies in my BB tank..
- feed them 6 times a day..
- change the water everyday up to 25% of the tank.
- try to force them to eat NLS-Discus Pellets. (so far, i only see 6 of them eating, i don't know the others when im gone.. hope they eat too)
- temp is 28C
- cover the tank that they could not see someone in the room.. because, if they see someone in the room or pass their tank, they were all going crazy.. it's like a ball bouncing around.. i'm afraid that that might make them stress.
what else did i miss guys? please, give me advise.. i want to provide them with a perfect care.. thanks!
Some small discus, at least the ones I care for have trouble with pellets. you may wish to try soaking the food in aquarium water for a minute or two to soften it. I would also have other foods available in case they simply refuse the pellets.;-)
That is good news. With your feeding schedule and water changes they should do well. Are you planning on moving them to larger tank as they grow?
im not very educated on Discus, but feeding 6 times a day and doing a 25% water change every day seems excessive to me.
As far as I know, frequent feedings and water changes are pretty much standard practice when it comes to caring for discus, especially young ones.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.