Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Just some fish pics

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BarbH 
#1 ·
Here are some pictures that I took the other night, close to about 60 pictures and here are what I felt were the best. Still working on trying to get my settings set on the camera to what I feel gives me the best exposure and the most accurate representation of what I am seeing. At least with digital photography don't have to worry about having only so many exposures and the cost of getting film developed.

HY511 Tetra

Rummy Nose Tetras

Neon Tetra

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Nice shots, Barb!

It's so difficult to get focused shots of any fish - much less small silvery ones. . . for me, anyway!

*giggle* those perfect settings are like the Holy Grail. . . don't be too disappointed if you never *quite* find them. . . I can't tell you how many times I've been so excited to FINALLY have gotten it right, only to find that they don't work the next time around. *giggle* Hopefully that's just me and you have better luck!

Tank photography is so mysterious - but FUN!!! Great work, girl - keep shooting!

(and let the rest of us know if you DO happen upon The Grail ^.^)

#4 ·
Thanks

Getting clear shots in the tank can definitly be a challenge, especially on the smaller fast moving fish. Been awhile since I took these ones but if I remember correctly I had my camera set on the macro program. Used a tripod can't remember if I let the camera do auto focus or if it was set in manual focus. I do use a flash, to keep the flash from reflecting off the glass I shoot with the camera angled slightly down which seems to work for me. The other thing that I always do is to shoot in RAW format. This allows me to make slight adjustments to my exposure in post processing and if needed I can adjust the type of lighting for a correct representation of color.

Boredomb, still haven't figured out the camera on my phone. Replaced the phone a minth ago and haven't sat down to try and figure it out yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.