Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello from New Zealand and what is the best method to treat a flame angel with ich? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/hello-new-zealand-what-best-method-18726/)

kiwiphoto 10-20-2008 10:41 PM

Hello from New Zealand and what is the best method to treat a flame angel with ich?

I have just joined the fish forum, so I thought I would say hi from New Zealand! Any other kiwi members? I'm in the middle of getting ready to set up a 200 gallon reef tank, which will also has a sump room built behind the wall (I took out my partners towel cupboard)! I hope to have the big tank up in running before Christmas 2008, so I may be looking for help and advice along the way! I have a 70 gallon holding tank in the garage right now, which is holding nurmerous 'softies.' I have recently had to remove my powder blue tang (what a mission to catch) and my flame angel, due to ich. My qusetion today is: Should I treat my flame angel with copper or Furan2 or both? I hear that copper can eat the insides of an angel?

iamntbatman 10-21-2008 01:20 AM

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately I'm no expert on saltwater fish, so you might be better off either waiting for a response here or asking about the problem in the Saltwater Emergencies and Diseases section.

Got any pictures of your tanks?

I'm not sure if we've got any other kiwi members, but we do have several Aussies and some Pacific Islanders (as well as members from every other continent but Antarctica) so we're definitely an international community!

willow 10-21-2008 08:36 AM

hello and welcome aboard,hope you will be happy here. :)

kritas 10-22-2008 10:14 AM

Welcome to the forum!

I'm from aus, sydney... random question lol but i was wondering if new zealand is seeing any snow at all atm? me and my two sisters are looking at going away for a weekend to the snow, but i'm just searching around for the best places to go...

dfurbee 10-22-2008 02:34 PM

Hello,

I am new here also. Nice to meet everyone :-D

aunt kymmie 10-22-2008 03:20 PM

You're from Hillbilly Hell? Now that's funny! :lol:
Welcome to the forum!

willow 10-22-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfurbee (Post 148739)
Hello,

I am new here also. Nice to meet everyone :-D

hello and welcome to you :)

okiemavis 10-24-2008 12:21 AM

Welcome! I'd treat the angel with a complexed copper in a QT tank that you don't ever want to use for inverts. Make sure you have a test kit to monitor the copper levels and only use a 1/2 dose the first day. If you can only find chelated copper, don't use it, as the angels don't take kindly to it. Instead, use hyposalinity dips.

SKAustin 10-29-2008 09:13 AM

Hello and Welcome to FishForum.com