Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
-   -   Need help NOW (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/need-help-now-185929/)

NewFishFiend 05-23-2013 08:48 PM

Need help NOW

Omg, while doing my pwc in my 75 gallon i found one of my platys barely alive stuck behind the CO2 cartridge. I have moved him to the quarentine tank and tried to hand feed him. He is on his side on the bottom of the tank and barely moving. I think he ate some of the brine shrimp/spiralina mix i fed him. Can he be saved?? What else can i do? I feel just sick that this happened and threw that stupid cartridge out of my tank immediately.
Posted via Mobile Device

Boredomb 05-23-2013 08:55 PM

I am not much help in these situations but I would just make sure the fish has clean water an a airstone for plenty of oxygen. Hope the lil guy pulls through! Best if luck and maybe someone can offer more help!

Romad 05-23-2013 09:01 PM

Awwwww.... sorry about your fishie :(

Does he look like he has any injuries? I think the best you can do is keep him as stress free as possible and +1 on the advice that Boredomb just gave you.

NewFishFiend 05-23-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boredomb (Post 2133017)
I am not much help in these situations but I would just make sure the fish has clean water an a airstone for plenty of oxygen. Hope the lil guy pulls through! Best if luck and maybe someone can offer more help!

I am just sick :( ive been looking for him for 2 days :( i looked under all the driftwood and rocks and thought the angels must have ate him. By sheer luck i found him tonight after tankcare. My quarentine tank is cycled and fit for a king. A 10 gallon with only him an some snails. Oh shoot, will the ramshorns eat him alive???? I keep the snails in there to keep it "alive" as this is the frst time ive ever actually had to use it.

NewFishFiend 05-23-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 2133073)
Awwwww.... sorry about your fishie :(

Does he look like he has any injuries? I think the best you can do is keep him as stress free as possible and +1 on the advice that Boredomb just gave you.

No injuries that i can see. Just weak. And pitiful. Hes gotta make it or else my other 3 platies, howard, leonard and raj, will be without sheldon :(

Boredomb 05-23-2013 09:06 PM

I wouldn't think the snails would bother the fish unless it was dead and even then I am not sure they would do anything to it.

NewFishFiend 05-23-2013 09:29 PM

Should i just let him rest or should i stimulate him to move and keep breathing?

Boredomb 05-23-2013 09:51 PM

I would leave him be. Making him move might stress him even more

Pearl2011 05-23-2013 11:08 PM

Leave him, prodding him will cause more stress and that is definitely not what he needs right now.

NewFishFiend 05-24-2013 10:17 AM

Update: Sheldon is moving on his own a little and no longer is on his side. He is still on the bottom of the tank, but looks like he is gaining some stregnth back. I sure hope he pulls through!
Posted via Mobile Device