Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   What are your favorite fish?? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/what-your-favorite-fish-18375/)

KarlS 10-05-2008 12:58 PM

What are your favorite fish??

I'm a little bored and wondering what everyone's favorite fish species is??

SolaceTiger 10-05-2008 04:52 PM

Hmm, the one that comes to mind right now I guess is a lionhead goldfish. Had them when I was a little kid.. parents took care of them, and now that I think of it I don't think they lived very long.... but I love how they look. I would like to have those someday again.

willow 10-05-2008 04:59 PM

gosh,i like loads.
gouramis,gupys,puffer fish,kribs,rams,angels,neons,rummy nosed
tetras(used not to like them for some reason)gold fish.corydoras.
plecs.mabunas.killifish.
to name a few. :)

onefish2fish 10-05-2008 05:15 PM

freshwater:
large schools of neon tetras in a planted tank with cherry red shrimp

saltwater:
clowns, goby paired with pistol shrimp, jawfish

Kim 10-05-2008 09:11 PM

I love the personalities of bettas. But...my cories are a close second in cuteness & funny behaviors. I am getting kuhlii loaches & gouramis soon so I guess I'll see about them.

I also love the sunfish at lake winnepesauke :lol: . We vacation there every year, and the fish by the dock are my temporary pets!! I feed them every day, they swim and nip at me when swimming, accept hand feeding, and even let you pet them! :D :D

KarlS 10-06-2008 12:23 AM

hmmm, i see a trend.. lots of different fish are ppl's favorites.. I wanted to post this question because everytime someone asks me I start of with "My angels are # 1 for me, but then you have my Gourami's who I love when they stick out their feelers and tap the glass when u put your hand against it. And well then again I do love the way my Clown loaches sleep on their sides..." By the end of my responce I've named every fish in my aquarium and a few that I saw at the pet shop.

One fish that I am very very very interested in getting is a puffer. But I have to convinvce my wife to let me get another tank :) .

jeaninel 10-06-2008 01:37 AM

I've got lots of favorites too. But some of the top ones are angels, severums, pearl gourami, congo tetras, boesemani rainbows, redline torpedo barbs and cories.

iamntbatman 10-06-2008 01:50 AM

Puffers (aside from the really ugly saltwater ones) are just plain adorable. I also really like my Jack Dempsey, as he has loads of personality. I think he's smarter than my dogs.

KarlS 10-06-2008 02:16 AM

That is hilarious about your Jack Dempsey & Dogs.

Tyyrlym 10-06-2008 10:44 AM

Red Tailed Black Sharks