Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   TFK.com Suggestions and Feedback (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tfk-com-suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   A way to see who is in your area... (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tfk-com-suggestions-feedback/way-see-who-your-area-183633/)

zombiefish610 05-20-2013 03:18 PM

A way to see who is in your area...

Hello, I was thinking the other day about this, and I thought... wouldn't it be cool if we could find out which members were in our area(local)? It would be useful to see people in your area for things like trading, buying, selling. Also it may be nice to meet up and show off tanks. Please give this idea thought and consideration. It would be cool if I could search for members in the area and see if they had any plants, livestock, tanks etc for sale or trade! Anyone else think this is a cool idea? Please respond. Thanks!8-)

jaysee 05-20-2013 03:19 PM

GREAT idea!

djembekah 05-20-2013 03:29 PM

I like it too!
Posted via Mobile Device

Boredomb 05-20-2013 03:47 PM

That's a cool idea .... but I could see where it might not work. There only way would be to base it off of the person location if they so choice to display it. Some do some don't and it can go in piracy issues too I would think.

Just a thought might be worth setting up a thread in the classified maybe making it a sticky where ppl can choice to post their location. Puts the liability off of TFK and on the person rather.

zombiefish610 05-20-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boredomb (Post 2103153)
That's a cool idea .... but I could see where it might not work. There only way would be to base it off of the person location if they so choice to display it. Some do some don't and it can go in piracy issues too I would think.

Just a thought might be worth setting up a thread in the classified maybe making it a sticky where ppl can choice to post their location. Puts the liability off of TFK and on the person rather.

I figured there might be some issues but there has got to ba a way! Let's do it!:lol:

wake49 05-20-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boredomb (Post 2103153)

I was thinking something along these lines. This could work.

Chesh 05-20-2013 06:40 PM

Don't we already have an area to post local aquarium clubs and events? This seems like it could all fit neatly together? Bonus is sharing things like LFS reviews, rare fish/plant sightings, and finding a home for your spare floaters and snails!

Great idea! Thanks for posting!

Boredomb 05-20-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesherca (Post 2104577)
Don't we already have an area to post local aquarium clubs and events? This seems like it could all fit neatly together? Bonus is sharing things like LFS reviews, rare fish/plant sightings, and finding a home for your spare floaters and snails!

Great idea! Thanks for posting!

Jes I didn't even think about that section! LoL
That would seem to be a good place to start a thread .

Chesh 05-20-2013 07:19 PM

Three cheers for easy!

Would you guys want a separate sub-forum for each state? Or just happy to put your own state threads in the spot that's already there, and make one (hopefully long) thread?

*Just pondering, cuz' I don't know if there are any forum rules on this kind of thing, or how difficult it would be to do it that way. . . ^.^

fish monger 05-20-2013 07:54 PM

Have no idea how difficult this would be; however, could location be made a search criteria ? Some folks choose not to provide their location and perhaps they could post in the forum areas mentioned. I would encourage members to give at least a broad description of their location for the purpose mentioned by the OP. Naturally, any info that would allow a stranger to track you down should be hidden.