- - algae
|osmanEATSfishy ||10-04-2008 04:23 PM |
how do i prevent algae first it was brown but i think thats anarobic algae so i got an air pump and the algae is now green its so annoying cause last week i cleaned the whole tank and took it off the stand and cleaned all the gravel and scrubbed like crazy i cant do this every week im really busy. the algae grows on the heater, gravel, ornaments, and glass and looks really bad but the thing is that it grows really quickly my tanks temp is about 71 degrees too. before, it took about a month then it was bad but now just a week O.o whas happanin can i get something to get rid of it? and i only have 5 fish and a snail in the 20 gal tank
|projectcam95 ||10-04-2008 05:31 PM |
how long do you keep your light on? And is it close to direct light?
|osmanEATSfishy ||10-06-2008 05:29 PM |
my light is on during the day and off during the night it is close to a window but the blinds are always closed so i dont think it does much. reply back please! thanks
|willow ||10-06-2008 05:36 PM |
maybe you could try the other way around,natural light for the day,
and the tank ight on in the evening.
|qpc68 ||10-07-2008 03:43 PM |
The longer the tank receives light the more algae has a chance to grow. Try cutting out the amount of light it receives. Regardless, you'll always have algae.
|projectcam95 ||10-07-2008 05:25 PM |
Yeah you will always have algae. You just have to "control" it. I had my light on most of the day and at night i would turn it off. Then I had the algae problem getting all over my tank. So now i only keep the light on for 6-8 hours a day. Algae isn't getting on my glass any more .. Just a tiny bit around the filter.
|KarlS ||10-08-2008 06:29 PM |
I'm actually having the same problem, I was thinking about getting some snails? Is this a smart thing to do with my clown loaches???
|flight50 ||10-10-2008 06:39 PM |
the snails might not have a chance to control the algae with clowns in there. unless they are trumpet snails. but if you get them, the clowns will have trouble eating them and you'd be overrun with snails. along with limiting your light, you may want to check your water parameters. you may have too much nutrients in you water. you didn't mention that you tested the water nor did you mention that you have live plants.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM. || |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2