Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Its been awhile ,but i'm back in action (quite) (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/its-been-awhile-but-im-back-182786/)

BackInAction 05-19-2013 04:34 PM

Its been awhile ,but i'm back in action (quite)

7 Attachment(s)
Pick up a used 90 gallon tank for $400 today and will be setting it up in about a week .....FINALLY!!!!

90 gallons
black wooden stand
two 400 emperors
rocks
driftwood
heater
HOSES
two lights--- needs a hood though
and extras

here some pics of the empty tank

going with sand base
some live plants will be added
I'm not sure what type of fish as of yet

Boredomb 05-19-2013 05:15 PM

Looks like you found an awesome deal! Please keep us posted on the journey! Love watch how a tank grows and matures into something wonder!

AbbeysDad 05-19-2013 05:42 PM

Welcome back to TFK!

Looks kewl. Wow a Vortex diatom filter....takes me back. You'll find that if you run the diatom filter once a week for 30 minutes or so you'll have extreme crystal clear water. (It's too powerful to run routinely, but for a weekly or monthly maintenance it's awesome.)

Keep us posted.

Sanguinefox 05-19-2013 07:56 PM

Grats on your buy! I know you said you don't know what you plan to get fish wise. I saw those Wardley products and I'd like to warn you that they are pretty poor quality as per nutrition. So I wouldn't use them if I were you. There are better brands out there.

JDM 05-19-2013 09:00 PM

I bought some Wardley stuff by accident... blame a moment of disorientation at the fish store.

I read the ingredients when I got home. Wheat middlings was the first ingredient... really?

Stick with the NLS stuff.

Looking forward to pictures along the way.

Jeff.

BackInAction 05-20-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanguinefox (Post 2096778)
Grats on your buy! I know you said you don't know what you plan to get fish wise. I saw those Wardley products and I'd like to warn you that they are pretty poor quality as per nutrition. So I wouldn't use them if I were you. There are better brands out there.

Yeah i know its kmart fish(lol) food but it came with the package of the tank.I threw it right into the garbage right after i took the pic ..

BackInAction 05-21-2013 03:02 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boredomb (Post 2095154)
Looks like you found an awesome deal! Please keep us posted on the journey! Love watch how a tank grows and matures into something wonder!

Ok heres a update

Filled the tank up today, no leaks
The emperor 400's are really loud, so in a month or so, i'll be buying a new filter's
heater is going on and off with the wrong temperatures .ill be buying a new one
background will be change to black
plants will be added by next week,fish maybe two weeks or so no rush ..
diatom filter is connect now and its clearing the water very fast .Its still cloudy but its been on only a half hour as im writing this.
sand is cleaned out
rocks are cleaned
some fake plants added
didnt check the water yet .ill just wait another 3 days then check it

heres more pics.

RackinRocky 05-21-2013 03:47 PM

Wow, that tank is going to look AWESOME when it clears up! I LOVE that cave on the far left, in the back. Did you make that with rocks, or buy it as is? It looks like one my Bolivian Ram would love. He has two, but is very picky about his caves, lol. What do you plan to stock it with?

BackInAction 05-21-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RackinRocky (Post 2111905)
Wow, that tank is going to look AWESOME when it clears up! I LOVE that cave on the far left, in the back. Did you make that with rocks, or buy it as is? It looks like one my Bolivian Ram would love. He has two, but is very picky about his caves, lol. What do you plan to stock it with?

Thanks bro,,I made that..Thats going to be sandy 'the crayfish' home in a couple of weeks .I have her in a 10 gallon right now ,and shes loves caves . I special made it for her .But she has to wait awhile into the tank is ready for her ..

RackinRocky 05-21-2013 10:02 PM

Very original looking--wish I was that handy!