Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Fluval Accent? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/fluval-accent-181794/)

Deanna01 05-18-2013 10:38 AM

Fluval Accent?
 
Hi, all. I was at PetCo just now, and they were unpacking a new 25-gallon aquarium from Fluval called the Accent. Has anyone seen these yet or have any experience with them? I'm not finding anything on the internet about it.

mase310 05-19-2013 12:09 AM

I've had one of the aquarium kits with the stand for about 6 weeks now. It's a great starter tank. LED lights and comes with everything you need to get it started. It's got a convenient feature where you can open the cabinet in the stand and there is a bucket with a nozzle. You turn the nozzle and water empties directly into the bucket for water changes. I've seen it work at a Fluval booth at a show, but I haven't been able to use it because I don't have the instructions and can't figure out how to get the water change nozzle to work. Retails for $300 for the tank/filter/hood/lights/kit accessories, and $100 for the stand. If you get it, it makes sense to get the stand or else you can't make use of the water change nozzle feature.

http://usa.hagen.com/fluval-accent

mase310 05-19-2013 12:20 AM

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1...uvalaccent.jpg

Deanna01 05-19-2013 06:22 AM

Interesting. I'd even gone to the Hagen site looking for it before I posted and couldn't find it!

I really do like my Fluval Edge and my Chi, but I think I will go bigger than 25g when I upgrade again. :)

Geomancer 05-20-2013 07:48 AM

10 minutes to do a water change? Sure, if you only do one bucket :roll:

An interesting setup, although I don't think I could ever justify it. At a cost of $300, that's nearly as much as my 125 gallon cost which also came with glass lids and lights.

Designer fish tanks :lol: They do look nice, but you get so little for your money.

ceceb20 05-27-2013 07:16 PM

need help!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mase310 (Post 2090418)
I've had one of the aquarium kits with the stand for about 6 weeks now. It's a great starter tank. LED lights and comes with everything you need to get it started. It's got a convenient feature where you can open the cabinet in the stand and there is a bucket with a nozzle. You turn the nozzle and water empties directly into the bucket for water changes. I've seen it work at a Fluval booth at a show, but I haven't been able to use it because I don't have the instructions and can't figure out how to get the water change nozzle to work. Retails for $300 for the tank/filter/hood/lights/kit accessories, and $100 for the stand. If you get it, it makes sense to get the stand or else you can't make use of the water change nozzle feature.

http://usa.hagen.com/fluval-accent

We just bought one because we need something super simple to clean and maintain. The problem we are finding with it is that it came minimal instructions. They were only on the side of the box. There is a bag of white "pellets" that came with it and have no idea what to do with them.

Can you help us out??? Also, any other tips/hints with the initial setup would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you!!!:-D

christopherlh84 06-11-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceceb20 (Post 2166201)
We just bought one because we need something super simple to clean and maintain. The problem we are finding with it is that it came minimal instructions. They were only on the side of the box. There is a bag of white "pellets" that came with it and have no idea what to do with them.

Can you help us out??? Also, any other tips/hints with the initial setup would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you!!!:-D



OK to get the wc to work look at the top of the tube where the hose connects to the pipe there is a top that can be screwed off once you have it off just fill the hose with water and put top back on. It will work properly when you use it. Now for the white bio max you have to take the overflow off the tank then on the back there is a compartment near the bottom where you open and add it.

christopherlh84 06-11-2013 10:19 AM

I have had to set up three of these tanks so far so if anyone has any questions feel free to contact me. I will try to help you in any way.

mase310 07-03-2013 01:07 AM

How do I put the bio balls into the filter, where does it go? The balls fell out when I was cleaning the tank and I'm not sure where to put it.
Does anyone know of any online instructions for the Fluval Accent? Thanks!

Agent13 07-03-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geomancer (Post 2100457)
10 minutes to do a water change? Sure, if you only do one bucket :roll:

An interesting setup, although I don't think I could ever justify it. At a cost of $300, that's nearly as much as my 125 gallon cost which also came with glass lids and lights.

Designer fish tanks :lol: They do look nice, but you get so little for your money.

What? 10 mn to water change just a 25g? I love fluval and have 3 of their tanks and countless filters and supplies from them but thats rediculous. My 16g to do 80% water change start to finish is about 5mn and my 75 is about15-20 start to finish ( 70-80%). If it takes that long then I'd bypass that feature and just use a decent water changer.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2