Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   Identify this fish? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/identify-fish-178522/)

frankiefire 05-14-2013 11:07 PM

Identify this fish?

1 Attachment(s)
I hate to admit it, but I bought a group of five of these listening to my lfs advice. I'm hoping they are really tetras but I can't find anything online. Can someone give me info on them? I'm talking about the fish in the top of the pic with the yellow stripe. Thanks in advance.

Quantum 05-15-2013 06:37 AM

Rasbora borapetensis

JDM 05-15-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankiefire (Post 2052906)
I hate to admit it, but I bought a group of five of these listening to my lfs advice. I'm hoping they are really tetras but I can't find anything online. Can someone give me info on them? I'm talking about the fish in the top of the pic with the yellow stripe. Thanks in advance.

OK... how in the heck can they advise you on fish if they can't tell you what the fish are in the first place?

I've only ever had LFS people answer questions about fish when I've asked and made the odd suggestion. I can't recall ever being advised to actually buy any type or quantity of fish...maybe once... and I've been there almost once per week or two.

One member here has a store that prints off an info sheet with the purchase.

Jeff.

frankiefire 05-15-2013 09:49 AM

They told me they were tetras but not specifically what kind. Thanks guys.

tropical fish lover 05-28-2013 04:57 PM

posibilely rasboros they are community fish so you can add other fish

KPainter 05-28-2013 05:07 PM

They look like black neon tetras to me.

Nikiller97 05-30-2013 02:22 PM

Looks like a rasbora up top but there also appears to be a cichlid in the middle based on the top fin and shape of the body. Cichlids will kill other fish!
Posted via Mobile Device

Aurie 05-30-2013 08:40 PM

Bolivian Rams won't kill other fish. I have one with 8 Rosy Tetras and 6 Julii corydoras and he is my favorite fish and won't touch the others. He's such a push over. Maybe if there is a breeding pair they could be touchy, but rasboras and most tetras swim above them in the column

thekoimaiden 06-01-2013 10:43 PM

The fish on the far right is a glowlight tetra. I can't be certain of the one in the middle, tho. Might not be the same species. The picture doesn't show it very well.

Byron 06-02-2013 11:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure why we're still questioning the upper left fish when Quantum correctly identified it as
Rasbora borapetensis. Here's a photo of a shoal of them...and they need a group, six or more.