Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
- - Left & Right Slider Bar (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/left-right-slider-bar-1781/)
Left & Right Slider Bar
Week before last some text in posts began "overuning" my screen on the right hand side.
This morning I wanted to quote Mp and Blue but the sllder bar had disappearead and I could not get to the quote button.
Has anyone else observed this condition or is it that "something has happened to my XP laptop"?
No, I haven't noticed that, Ron.:question: I haven't received any word from other members or even signs of something wrong bound to happen. Could it be your laptop?
Jones, try moving along to the end of the text on the page using the arrow keys on your keyboard, and see if that takes you to the end of the screen.
I don't know what the problem could be, but I've never had any trouble.
Does it happen only with topics that contain large images? The images may be widening the page so the text may feel free to use the extra space the images create, requiring you to scroll horizontally...
Please let me know if that is the case and if not we will work from there.
I found the same thing, but it only happend on the post with the angelfish pics.
this happens to me too from time to time. :cry:
Further investigation (after getting home from work)
1) The hoirizontal slider is OK on my Win98 home laptop.
2) I have tried several "tweaks" on my XP home laptop (I "fancy myself as a half a.s computer guru) and no joy when in full screen mode.
3) When I restore the window "to a resizeable window" the horizontal scroll bar appears.
4) My Toshiba XP machine is running in 1200 x 800 with 32 bit color mode.
5) My Gateway Win98 machine is running in 1024x768 with 16 bit color mode.
2) I actually observed the text not wrapping in full screen mode several weeks ago.
3) This condition was observed in posts which contained only text.
In this example the text does not "need to" wrap but the "Quote" button is not visible on the right and no way to get to it in full screen mode.
In this example the text wraps but to the right of the visible screen and no way to get to the rightmost text in full screen mode.
Once again the "Quote" button is not visible on the right and no way to get to it in full screen mode.
Forgive me, I'm a bit confused.
Is it your Toshiba XP laptop that you're having difficulty with? If so, try running it at 1024 x 768 pixels, with colour set at 32 bit (highest resolution).
Hope that helps :dunno:
I checked out both topics you provided as examples and both of them contain posts where you had inserted large images that caused posts to widen. This of course results in every post in the topic widening to accomodate the new width, even ones that contain only text.
I'm not sure why you don't see a horizontal scroll bar available for such topics on a specific computer, but that is a function of your web browsing software and not the forum software. Have you tried a different browser on that computer to see if it resolves the issue?
You did good here.
The XP machine is running IE6 SP2.
The Win98 machine is running a custom version of IE6.
what is the resolution and color bitting of your graphic's card?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.