Tropical Fish Keeping banner

L142 whitespot plecostomus

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  willow 
#1 ·
Any one out there currently caring for this fish? I have recently aquired one and have read all I can find on them, just wondering if anyone has or is taking care of one. Thanks in advance! 1077

#3 ·
He or she is doing well.I placed it with an approx two inch black diamond cichlid in 75 gal tank with plenty of rocks and driftwood. So far it has eaten sweet potato, bell pepper, zuchinni, and I assume it also eats anything left by the cichlid which is one of the reasons I purchased it. I believe feeding just one fish without overfeeding is one of the hardest things to do. thanks for the concern. :) PS I added a Port cichlid to the 75 gal yesterday but I believe I will have to move it to the 29 gal at work. The black diamond will not give it any slack. There is no violence ,just a lot of chasing around. I'll give it another couple days and see if things don't improve. They are bothsmall at this point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.