Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   great site.... (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/great-site-17741/)

fishcatcher&keeper 09-08-2008 01:11 PM

great site....

Hi all,
after a 15 year absence from fish keeping, I have returned.
I had a 40 gal tank growing up that I kept various semi to fully agressive fish. after a while my jack dempsey had eaten everyone. so I let the tank go and eventually gave it to my brother. yet I always missed keeping fish. I had lizards and frogs in a terarium for a number of years but hated hunting down the escapee crickets!
three months ago I was garage saling and found a 27 gal tank that had been used as a terarrium. as the closest pet store is in the next town lizards were out of the question and besides I wanted another fishtank. I was just doing renovations to my new house and I had an idea to build a wall encompasing the tank. It looks great. the tank sits in a focal point in the living room and can be seen from the othersid as you are comming up the stairs. I will post pics later.
as I said I had a hard time with the agressive fish as they kept eating each other. so i decided to have peaceful community tank. I started with six Zebra Danios as startup fish, underrated fish in my mind they are super active playin tag with each other all day long. next I got 8 neon tetras, to add some colour and 8 black phantom tetras, I just thought they looked cool as the rear section is mostly see though. my most recent addition is two leopard cories, super cool, very active.
This site was fundimental in helping me set up my tank. As I was 12 the last time I had a tank i needed to brush up on my knowledge and learn about the advances in fish keeping technology. the last time I had a tank under gravel filters were the thing! everybody had them. shows you how long its been.

so thank you fishforum and its members for being such a great help.
I look forward to posting my pics and hearing your comments.
keep on keepin on keeping fish
peter

willow 09-09-2008 11:09 AM

hello and welcome back to the wonderful world
of losing all your money to the fish store lol :)
will be looking forward to the pictures.
I am glad that information here has been a help to you,
and if there is anything not been covered the please do ask,
there will hopefully always be someone here who can help.

iamntbatman 09-09-2008 11:21 AM

Welcome to the forum, and back to the hobby! Sounds like you've got a really cool tank going there. I'd love to see some pictures!

Amphitrite 09-09-2008 12:34 PM

Hello Peter, welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing some pics! :)