Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   WOW (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/wow-1773/)

St6_Devgru 12-10-2006 09:07 PM

WOW

all my guppies died. they did not float to the top like other fish do wen they die. they just sank to the bottom upright....and died....????????????????????

girlofgod 12-10-2006 09:45 PM

weird. i would recommend getting your water tested asap and post the results. im sorry for your loss. =( i hate it when a fish dies, much less all of them. about how long has your tank been established? any diseases lately? abnormal behavious? water quality? heater failure? please post those water params asap so we can help determine what happened.

bri

dprUsh83 12-10-2006 09:48 PM

Did you add anything new to the tank lately? New fish, new decoration, et cetera? :(

St6_Devgru 12-10-2006 10:10 PM

hmmm i think i had columnus with one fem. guppy. and a torn fin with my male guppy. hers the timeline...

new aquarium
comets and mollies
guppies and tetras
tetra stuck in filter (died)
female guppy died (culumnus?!?!)
male guppy dies (just died at the bottom of the tank) (never floated up)
last female guppy dies (ssame as male guppy)

fish in tanks before now
5neon tetras
2 mollies
2comets
3guppies

now (ouch)
4neons
2molies
2comets

one plant ?????? ask blue i dont know what plant i have in my tank. i forget the name. blue has pictures of my tank.

St6_Devgru 12-10-2006 10:11 PM

does table salt kill fish?

Lupin 12-10-2006 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St6_Devgru
hmmm i think i had columnus with one fem. guppy. and a torn fin with my male guppy.

More like columnaris.:) Symptoms are white-edged scales, white lips and clamped fins. External bacterial treatments would help. Columnaris is often called false NTD(Neon-tetra disease) as some fish enthusiasts tend to falsely diagnosed the Neon tetras' symptoms for the true NTD quite often. I wouldn't be explaining about NTD as it's not necessary right here.:wink2:
Quote:

hers the timeline...

new aquarium
How long has it been running?
Quote:

comets and mollies
guppies and tetras
Comets as stated in your previous threads cannot fit in your tank and are totally incompatible with your fish. Let alone guppies and neons which may end up in the comets' guts soon.:blink:
Quote:

one plant ?????? ask blue i dont know what plant i have in my tank. i forget the name. blue has pictures of my tank.
I haven't gone to my email account yet but I'll inform you if I can identify it. If not, I'll resize and upload them if I have time later. With too much kilobytes, I cannot reload them in about 2 hours.:blink:

Lupin 12-10-2006 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St6_Devgru
does table salt kill fish?

No, it doesn't. However, it can kill if you put too much salt in your tank with salinity increasing beyond freshwater life.
Its benefits for short-term(applies only to those intolerant of salt long-term) are production of slime coat allowing your fish to be shielded from parasites, elimination of parasites and allowing fish to survive well in a tank of high nitrites.

girlofgod 12-10-2006 10:23 PM

i would still recommend posting your water quality parameters. from a test. ph, nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, etc. these may have had a hand in the demise of your tank...and i dont think that he has the comets in there anymore blue. i remember that from a previous thread....

how long has your tank been running, months, days, years?

thanks!

bri

St6_Devgru 12-10-2006 10:23 PM

hmmmm ok i tried to add you as my friend on myspace :D . yeah ......i put my comets somewhere else. i have a 5 gallon "nursery tank" for my mollies that should be due at around christmas. so grand total is 2 mollies and 4 tetras in my 10 gal. is that still over crowded?

St6_Devgru 12-10-2006 10:24 PM

ummm its been running for 3 weeks. gosh im so mad.i cant get a water test kit. expensive on a 10$ allowance very expensive yes i know priorities, christmas, parents not understanding its hard man. its hard. i think im gonna quit while im ahead. i will stop aquariuming until i like get a job or a house. maybe in about 10 years. i dont wanna kill fishies cuz im not prepared. its like having kids and yuor homeless. dont wanna...