Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Nano Reef (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/nano-reef/)
-   -   8 gallon Nano Stock questions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/nano-reef/8-gallon-nano-stock-questions-176233/)

killavixen 05-12-2013 09:31 PM

8 gallon Nano Stock questions
 
These are some corals i'd like to have in my 8 gallon nano. How possible are they and which ones should i stay away from.
Tooth coral (galaxy coral)
Green star polyps
Thats what i have considered so far. Any suggestions for coral are welcome. I prefer hardy ones. Also i currently have 2 heads of zoas on a frag and a clownfish

wake49 05-13-2013 08:22 AM

The tooth coral is an LPS coral (Large Polyp Stony) and requires a bit better water parameters and lighting than softies such as zooanthids. I haven't personally kept a tooth coral, but I have kept other LPS. I think that a tank that small with an inhabitant like a clownfish might make it more difficult than if the tank were bigger...

I have kept GSP (Green Star Polyps). They grow like weeds and will follow the currents. Watch out, they can grow up the glass and all over everything in your tank if you are not careful...

killavixen 05-13-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake49 (Post 2036138)
The tooth coral is an LPS coral (Large Polyp Stony) and requires a bit better water parameters and lighting than softies such as zooanthids. I haven't personally kept a tooth coral, but I have kept other LPS. I think that a tank that small with an inhabitant like a clownfish might make it more difficult than if the tank were bigger...

I have kept GSP (Green Star Polyps). They grow like weeds and will follow the currents. Watch out, they can grow up the glass and all over everything in your tank if you are not careful...

Ok, i'll wait for a bigger tank on the tooth coral. BUt for 5bucks i gotta get the gsp

wake49 05-13-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killavixen (Post 2036386)
Ok, i'll wait for a bigger tank on the tooth coral. BUt for 5bucks i gotta get the gsp


LOL! It can look like grass all over the base of your tank if you let it! :lol:

Go for it though. It is nice looking stuff.

killavixen 05-13-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake49 (Post 2036506)
LOL! It can look like grass all over the base of your tank if you let it! :lol:

Go for it though. It is nice looking stuff.

:lol: going to get it today :)

killavixen 05-13-2013 05:08 PM

Wel i went to get the gsp and ending getting 3 heads of fire and ice, riccordia , some mushroom, gsp, and some macro algae for $20

wake49 05-13-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killavixen (Post 2040626)
Wel i went to get the gsp and ending getting 3 heads of fire and ice, riccordia , some mushroom, gsp, and some macro algae for $20

Well let's see! Where are the pics?
Posted via Mobile Device

killavixen 05-13-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake49 (Post 2041498)
Well let's see! Where are the pics?
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll snap some tommorrow when everything opens up.

wake49 05-13-2013 07:46 PM

:-)
Posted via Mobile Device

killavixen 05-14-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake49 (Post 2042250)
:-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Uploaded pics on my other thread
http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/s...2/#post2046658


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2