Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Beginner Saltwater Aquariums (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-saltwater-aquariums/)
- - New 150 Gallon Reef Tank (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-saltwater-aquariums/new-150-gallon-reef-tank-17417/)
New 150 Gallon Reef Tank
Hi. I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
I have decided to get an aquarium for my house. I am in the process of doing research and would like some help.
Here's the situation: I want to set up a reef tank aquarium. The aquarium must be 60 inches in length (to fit into a particular area of my basement which is exactly 62 inches in length. I have found 3 options for aquariums that are 60 inches in length.
1) 60 (length) x 18 (depth) x 24 (height) - at a local pet store, I was offered this tank (with 2 holes at the bottom), an oak stand and canopy for $750.
2) 60 (length) x 24 (depth) x 25 (height) - I found this tank at Glasscages.com for $1400 (including an oak stand and canopy).
3) 60 (length) x 24 (depth) x 30 (height) - Glasscages.com for approximately $1800 (with oak stand and canopy).
The 60 x 18 x 24 seems like a really good deal compared to the others. They are all glass, and I really don't care for acryllic. What do you guys think?
Does anyone know somewhere I can get these tanks cheaper? I really want the bigger tank so I can fit in more fish, but the 30 inch height is too expensive and will probably cause a problem with the lighting.
I have never had a saltwater tank before, but really want one. I know it's hard, but I don't mind. What else will I need?
Please disregard the "what else do I need" question. Obviously I need a lot more stuff. I guess I wanted to know the best filtration system to use and the best lighting to use.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.