Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Vivariums and Reptiles (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/vivariums-reptiles/)
-   -   Toads!!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/vivariums-reptiles/toads-17359/)

Deku 08-26-2008 02:20 AM

Toads!!!

Well i currently own a 4-6month old american toad (female) name:Lilly
uhhh the other two are adult the oldest being named gamabunta and the middle i still cant find a name for him xD

1077 08-26-2008 06:33 AM

:D What do they like to eat? I have one or two that hang out under my front porch. Do yours sleep during the day and come out at night? Or are they active all day ? what type of habitat do you have for them? do they need water ? do they need any special lighting? Maybe i'll catch one and put in 20 gal. long tank. what size tank do you keep yours in? Thanks in advance. 1077. OH! i'm sorry I just saw your tank blurb. Please forgive me. I suffer from a form of ADD and sometimes things slip by me or I dont remember everything I have read. I recently started exploring the web for all of the different fish that I think are interesting or cool. I just google on that fish and once the information pops up I print it off with printer and then place the information in a folder depending on what type of fish it is. I sometimes go to thelocal library and use their computers as well. I am getting quite a collection of file folders with information on many different types of fish.Mostly freshwater but saltwater tank may be in the future. I would like to tell you that getting a job is not degrading . It teaches responsibility, and builds character. People admire that. Plus it will provide you with more money to BUY MORE FISH! :D :D :D

Deku 08-26-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1077
:D What do they like to eat? I have one or two that hang out under my front porch. Do yours sleep during the day and come out at night? Or are they active all day ? what type of habitat do you have for them? do they need water ? do they need any special lighting? Maybe i'll catch one and put in 20 gal. long tank. what size tank do you keep yours in? Thanks in advance. 1077. OH! i'm sorry I just saw your tank blurb. Please forgive me. I suffer from a form of ADD and sometimes things slip by me or I dont remember everything I have read. I recently started exploring the web for all of the different fish that I think are interesting or cool. I just google on that fish and once the information pops up I print it off with printer and then place the information in a folder depending on what type of fish it is. I sometimes go to thelocal library and use their computers as well. I am getting quite a collection of file folders with information on many different types of fish.Mostly freshwater but saltwater tank may be in the future. I would like to tell you that getting a job is not degrading . It teaches responsibility, and builds character. People admire that. Plus it will provide you with more money to BUY MORE FISH! :D :D :D

hmm what do they eat? anything that fits in their mouth if it moves itll be eatened....hmmm the sleeping period i think mine dont even sleep they lie still sometimes but then after an hour move about....umm lemme see toads prefer shade as in no bright lights for them itll annoy em and they like cool places...(temp) umm lemme see as for the water they can drown if you put a dish so big that the face of the toad is completely underneath make sure it isnt too big...i dont even give a bowl...i just make a puddle and i mist them they drink and breath through their skin

1077 08-27-2008 03:26 AM

Thanks! for the information. Girlfriend is not keen on the idea of toad in the house so perhaps I shall just have to be content with observing them outdoors. :roll: