Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   29 gallon empty (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/29-gallon-empty-16726/)

frogman6 08-01-2008 07:39 PM

29 gallon empty

usually for all my aquariums i have ideas on wat to put in them...but i have an empty 29 and im not sure wat to put in it so it is up to you the people of the forum to decide wat fish or fishes wil go into this tank so decide wisely

haha

onefish2fish 08-01-2008 07:53 PM

alligators.

frogman6 08-01-2008 08:18 PM

not wat i was thinkin

Mustang Boy 08-01-2008 10:12 PM

how about some Chichlids from Lake Tanganyika like shellies a colony of shellies would be great and fun to watch

onefish2fish 08-01-2008 10:37 PM

yes, indeed it wasnt what "you was thinkin" however according to you it is "up to us, to decide"

- unfortunatly gators wouldnt work ( ofcourse ) so :idea: go with 2 marbeled angels, 1 white angel, and 1 black angel .. i think that would be interesting. if you do this and your adding live plants, i would do the entire tank floor in short foreground plants just to maximize the angels space to swim.

frogman6 08-01-2008 11:09 PM

yeh i have def. been debating the angel idea...idk if i would plant it or not and if i did it def. wouldnt get planted till christmas when i get some money but i mite do angels

any other interesting fish

MegK 08-02-2008 07:30 AM

i love discus butthat would be too small for a good group

i also like bichirs! they are fun, cute looking eels, but can also be expensive. but an eel for sure if u want big fish

if not go for 25 neons tetras and then 10 cories! :| that would look so cool

frogman6 08-02-2008 11:00 AM

a bichir would not fit in a 29 for its in entire life

yeh i was thinkin a big school of neon tetras would be cool and def. some corys

do u think i could keep a pair of kribs, some neons, and some corys....this is just one of my ideas...im also debating angels

okiemavis 08-02-2008 11:50 AM

4 angels wouldn't work in a 29 gallon, especially if you ended up with a mating pair. Maybe one would work- but more than that won't. They either need to be kept alone or in groups to spread out aggression, and this tank isn't large enough for a group.

Neons are probably a bit small, and may get eaten by the kribs. I'd recommend getting a shoal of something a bit larger like red-eye tetras, serpae tetras or tiger barbs.

Some other interesting fish would be a dwarf pike like Crenicichla compressiceps or Crenicichla regani. Ctenopoma acutirostre are also unique and interesting.

Tyyrlym 08-02-2008 12:03 PM

I'll always throw my support behind tetras.

The tetra+cory+centerpiece fish is something I'm doing, but I'm going to use a german blue ram and a red tailed black shark for the showy fish.