Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   My tank, Is this ok?And my fish 60 gal tank! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/my-tank-ok-my-fish-60-a-16599/)

MARIOPARTY53 07-28-2008 02:40 AM

My tank, Is this ok?And my fish 60 gal tank!

Hi, Im new, (of course) I have a 60 gallon tank, I just got ride of my other 5 gallon tank for $$$, and I used every dollar I had to purchase all the fish tank stuff, and the tank, Im only 13 so I dont have much money :P

Know, Im wondering is this right living condtion for fish...I have 3 fish in here wich have been in this tank healthy for about a week and a half

Here is a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJk7Uigfb7w

Guys Sorry If im breaking rules! If there something wrong with the topic please Fix it, And sorry if I am

also rate my tank here 1-10 :D

onefish2fish 07-28-2008 03:10 AM

how long have you had your tank for? a new tank will need to "cycle"

MARIOPARTY53 07-28-2008 03:20 AM

My tank has been cycling for about 5 weeks, I thought that was long enough?

onefish2fish 07-28-2008 03:22 AM

it should be alright.. did you test the water by any chance?

MARIOPARTY53 07-28-2008 03:59 AM

I took A cup f water to the pet store like when it was like 4 weeks into the cycling process

They said it should be ok
Should I test again?

onefish2fish 07-28-2008 04:08 AM

you should be ok, just dont rush into adding alot of fish all at once.. this can set you into a mini cycle and possibly can kill some fish.. i personally would let the tank establish for alittle while longer with the 3 fish you have now.. what are they anyway? i didnt watch the video because im on the computer at work..

1077 07-28-2008 04:43 AM

:D cool! how bout some tall plants along the back and sides with plenty of space in front for swimming? Maybe some driftwood.

MARIOPARTY53 07-28-2008 04:55 AM

onefish2fish
Thanks, so like in 2-3 weeks would be ok to add more fish?
And theres 2 tiger barbs and a green puffer
and they are all healthy and alive

1077:
Thanks, I was planing on adding a wallpaper to the back glass as well.
When I get more $ I will for sure to update it

thanks for the comments guys!

onefish2fish 07-28-2008 05:05 AM

well im sure you can get away with adding another fish or 2 now if you want to play risky. .. however i would take my time adding fish and let the biology of the tank adjust itself.. whats the rush you have a cool puffer!! and i might ask where did you come by it? your lfs? did you make them order it? what state are you in?
as for the background.. why not make one? you can use black construction paper.. wrapping paper.. newspaper..( although these are not as durable ) a bedsheet.. get creative, making your own things in the long run will save you money.. :D

MARIOPARTY53 07-28-2008 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onefish2fish
well im sure you can get away with adding another fish or 2 now if you want to play risky. .. however i would take my time adding fish and let the biology of the tank adjust itself.. whats the rush you have a cool puffer!! and i might ask where did you come by it? your lfs? did you make them order it? what state are you in?
as for the background.. why not make one? you can use black construction paper.. wrapping paper.. newspaper..( although these are not as durable ) a bedsheet.. get creative, making your own things in the long run will save you money.. :D

Yeah another week I think I will add black skirt tetra or 2, I read that they can live trough tough condtions, then wait a month or 2 later

As for the puffer fish, My mom bought it!, I will ask her where she got it sometimeshe said it was like $2.00 :)
Im in Nevada, City, Las Vegas 8)

I never thought to make my own background, Allthough im not great with arts and crafts I might try it thanks :)

Alos did you see the vid?