Mickey Mouse Platy...not sure if injury or disease
1. What is the size of your tank? 29g
2. What are your water parameters? State the brand of test kit used. API Master Test: 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 20ppm Nitrate, pH: 8.1
3. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or brackish water? Freshwater
4. How long the aquarium has been set up? About 4 months, set up on 12/22/12
5. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? 9 female bettas, 4 platys, 6 corys (3 melini and 3 punctatus), 2 otos, 4 amano shrimp and a bunch of MTS and Ramshorns. Platys are the newest, got them 2 weeks ago. Everything else has been in there for over 2 months. I'm pretty sure everything is full grown, the largest female betta is 2.5 inches.
6. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? No
7. What temperature is the tank water currently? 80F
8. Are there live plants in the aquarium? Yes, heavily planted
9. What filter are you using? State brand, maintenance routine and power capacity. Eheim 2213, cleaned once a month
10. Any other equipment used (aside from heater and filter which are two very important components of the tank)? Bubble wand
11. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? What is your lighting schedule (assuming you do not rely on sunlight for our viewing pleasure)? Lights are on from 10:30am-10:30pm, minimal sunlight exposure
12. When did you perform your last water change and how much water was changed? How often do you change your water? Do you vacuum the substrate? I do weekly ~50% water changes with the last being Thursday. I vacuum the substrate with every water change.
13. What foods do you provide your fish? What is the feeding schedule? Feeding everday, rotate between a variety of frozen foods (blood worms, brine shrimp, tubifex, daphnia), live daphnia about once a week, fresh zucchini for the otos and platys a couple times a week, shrimp and algae wafers for corys, and NLS betta pellets
14. What unusual signs have you observed in your fish? Fish seems to be acting normal and eating very well, just has a white spot/sore on dorsal fin. When I bought the fish, one of them got stuck in a hole in the net and that MIGHT be what this is. She's had this spot since I brought her home 2 weeks ago and has not gotten worse, but hasn't gotten better either. Not sure if I should be treating her with something or not...the only QT tank I have is 2.5 gallons, which is a bit small for her? Here's a pic so you can see what I mean by sore -
(excuse the poop, lol)
15. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? If so, what treatments did you use? State your reasons for planning ahead of proper diagnosis. No treatment other than adding extra stress coat during water changes.
How is your fish now??
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2